Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Suppressor Help...  (Read 19055 times)

jmal

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Suppressor Help...
« on: November 04, 2016, 12:51:28 AM »
Hello all I'm looking for someone that might have a specific tool that i need for my suppressor to finish my build. I'm looking for a tap that is -14mmx1mm this is the common ccw 14mm suppressor threads that we see a lot in airsoft. Really i just need to run the threads and my suppressor is good to go. SO please, if anyone happens to have this then let me know. Thank-you.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Suppressor Help...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 01:07:50 PM »
What's the composition of the suppressor? IE metal or plastic?

Taps for those are fairly expensive, I've been meaning to get one myself but haven't taken the jump to do it. But something I've been considering that should would for plastic but not metal. Is taking an old outer barrel with 14mm CCW threading and cutting several grooves through the thread cleanly with either a hacksaw or something like that to allow clean out channels for threads and basically turn it into a tap of sorts. Should work for plastic but unlikely to work for metal.

Even so not sure how well it will work but it's a theory I've been planning on testing and if it is plastic it would be worth testing if you've got a spare outer barrel or something with 14mm CCW threads since it should work.

Otherwise if no one has one it's a 14mmx1mm LH tap here is one along with a die on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/M14x1-LH-14mmx1-0-TPI-Tap-and-Die-Set-HSS-Left-Hand-/152130856785?hash=item236bb4a751:g:vp4AAOSwc1FXYbMo

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 08:25:00 PM »
Sorry been a bit, anyways the suppressor is actually aluminum, and i've found numerous sets and just taps but nothing i was looking to buy just to use once... Although if I do end up just purchasing it, I'll more than likely offer it out for rental and/or make suppressors for people. I've been playing around with this idea because everyone is always looking for a good quality suppressor that isn't going to cost them 30-50 for it.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 08:35:56 PM »
My main reason behind thinking about buying them myself is I like suppressors, but I don't like buying them;) And I'm not adverse to building them. In the past I've used cheats to get around needed threads, like shimming things, or sliding them over etc. But really nothing is a good substitute for doing it right.

Luke

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 08:40:25 PM »
Yeah I'm not against building them myself and have done so in the past but I found the one I have and couldn't resist it because it'll fit perfectly with my build... In any Case I'm seriously considering just buying it and starting a side business making them for people and keeping the cost down. In reality I'm limited by funds and that's really all that is stopping me at the moment

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 08:42:43 PM »
Completely understand and I'm in the same boat right now;)

And additionally I don't have any builds that *need* a suppressor that I don't have already. So right now it's not a need, but once I get around to building another gun out I suspect then I'll buy the taps for my own projects.

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 08:45:52 PM »
Well I'll keep you and everyone updated if I do, and you do the same. Maybe we can help the community. I'm sure there's plenty of people that have wanted one but dismissed it because of the price

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2016, 11:10:55 AM »
I would be one of those interested people.  I would love to have a suppressor but for the price;  There are so many other attachments that preform a function rather then just looking cool.
Sound amplifiers may be another thing you could do too. 
Dr Black

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2016, 03:36:06 PM »
Well Dr. Black thanks for showing your interested. Makes me want to do it more... I'll start looking into supplies and such and see what I can find out.

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2018, 03:17:43 AM »
Hey all thought I'd bump this thread. I'm still on the look out for this. I haven't been able to buy the tools myself... So with that said, is there anyone out there that has?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2018, 04:56:48 AM »
Me neither I've been too busy this winter to do much airsoft related at all unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Paul Buffington

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 04:41:53 AM »
I stumbled upon this thread and was motivated to order the tap and dies for both right hand and left hand threads (14 ccw and 14 cw). They should arrive towards the end of next week.

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2018, 05:04:45 AM »
Well Paul that's rather exciting. Where abouts are you located? Anywhere near 49001? I'm still trying to find someone to tap and die my set up and would be interested in being a guinea pig of sorts if you are open to the idea. Please let me know at your earliest convenience and I wish you the best.

Paul Buffington

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2018, 12:28:05 PM »
I am located at 48377. Parts should be here Wednesday for the LH. The RH won't get to me until the 29th. I am quite curious to see how this turns out. Could be fun to make your own replica suppressors.

jmal

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2018, 12:35:27 PM »
Yeah I was thinking the same as well, or even some custom ones... Anyways if you decide to try offering this as a service please let me know. Thank you