Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WTB: Tech help before this Saturday  (Read 4812 times)

Prophet

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
WTB: Tech help before this Saturday
« on: July 23, 2015, 03:51:19 PM »
I dug myself into a hole on this one. I thought myself savvy enough to install a TBB on my gun. I decided it could wait, it wasn't a big deal. Once I had the gun back together, I found a tiny piece on my floor, and when I went to shoot my M4 to make sure I hadn't messed it up, the bbs just fell out of the barrel. I later learned that little piece is the hop up nub. I don't trust myself to take apart the hop up myself and risk screwing it up even more, so if anyone would be willing to save my behind on this I'd be super grateful. If you're going to OP Trident at TC Paintball on Saturday, even better. I don't care about distance or cost with this. I'll drive it out to you and pay you for your troubles. I may not need it if my friend answers his phone, but if you're willing to help me out with this, please PM me!
Buy my MP7
I always seem to end up being the medic...
Gats: Lonex/VFC FMG4-A3, KJW Glock, KWA MP7
Events: OP Western Gambit, OP Blacksheep @ Grayling, OP Fallout, OP Trident, MSW Assault on Volgograd

Zzan

• View Profile
Re: WTB: Tech help before this Saturday
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 05:23:12 PM »
I dug myself into a hole on this one. I thought myself savvy enough to install a TBB on my gun. I decided it could wait, it wasn't a big deal. Once I had the gun back together, I found a tiny piece on my floor, and when I went to shoot my M4 to make sure I hadn't messed it up, the bbs just fell out of the barrel. I later learned that little piece is the hop up nub. I don't trust myself to take apart the hop up myself and risk screwing it up even more, so if anyone would be willing to save my behind on this I'd be super grateful. If you're going to OP Trident at TC Paintball on Saturday, even better. I don't care about distance or cost with this. I'll drive it out to you and pay you for your troubles. I may not need it if my friend answers his phone, but if you're willing to help me out with this, please PM me!

If the BB's just roll out the barrel you may have more wrong than just a missing hop-up nub.  The gun should fire fine you just won't be able to add hop, or not very much to give you more range.  They should fire and drop like they would with your hop up fully off.  Did you rip your bucking by chance when you were removing it from the old barrel and putting it on the new barrel?

Snarf

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 09:01:38 PM »
If it comes down to the last minute, I can help you the day of the game. I'll bring an extra nub and bucking, and I'll be there at 10:00. Luckily hop up issues are way faster to fix than gearbox ones (though I will be bringing my toolbox just in case, since I don't have a back up AEG).

Prophet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 09:57:23 PM »
If it comes down to the last minute, I can help you the day of the game. I'll bring an extra nub and bucking, and I'll be there at 10:00. Luckily hop up issues are way faster to fix than gearbox ones (though I will be bringing my toolbox just in case, since I don't have a back up AEG).
I'll bring it out in case there's some down time but my friend said I can borrow his gun if need be.

Also, to Zzan, I don't think I damaged anything, since I re-tore the gun down (just into the upper, lower, and hop-up). I'm a fish out of water when it comes to internals of airsoft guns unfortunately.
Buy my MP7
I always seem to end up being the medic...
Gats: Lonex/VFC FMG4-A3, KJW Glock, KWA MP7
Events: OP Western Gambit, OP Blacksheep @ Grayling, OP Fallout, OP Trident, MSW Assault on Volgograd