Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone heard of the airsoft Care Package?  (Read 13375 times)

Khost778

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Anyone heard of the airsoft Care Package?
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:41:06 PM »
Just found a link for something called an airsoft Care Package. Essentially, its lootcrate, but for airsoft. If you don't know what lootcrate is, you get a box once a month with cool items in it, like a shirt, figure, book, pins, etc. Has anyone gotten this Care Package or heard of it? Don't know if I can post links, but here goes:
http://www.getcarepackage.com/

infantry4life

• View Profile
Re: Anyone heard of the airsoft Care Package?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 02:18:11 AM »
Extremely high priced if you ask me. Based on what they list you get, it is a bunch of random items and spare parts. BBs, gloves, parts, sights.

I looked around a little bit but was not able to find anything on them not even on youtube. I was hoping for an unboxing video.

If you choice to try it out, let us know.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:27:22 AM by infantry4life »
- Team FLAK
- Clan Storm - MN01

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 12:21:44 PM »
I am thinking of getting one just to see, but $40 is about average for this sort of thing. I don't think they have even shipped out a first box yet. I don't think I'd be happy getting bbs personally as I tend to use specific brands and weights. Parts could be hit or miss, clothing is always nice as you can resell it if you have no need for it, and I'm not sure how good of a quality sight or pistol you would get for a $40 box though.

Khost778

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 05:35:58 PM »
The one month package is $50 + shipping, so it will be a bit more expensive. The $40 option is only if you buy a years worth of boxes up front. Still though, I think Ill buy one crate and list what I get. Maybe its a good deal, maybe the stuff will suck. Im fine with getting BBs, as I only have about 7.5k right now in 2 weights. I feel like the first box would have a cheap red dot, some gloves, a small bag of bbs, Stanag mags, etc. I feel like they wouldn't actually include a pistol in the box unless its a springer. I would be ok with a springer revolver though.

Troutzor

• Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 06:57:53 PM »
Hilarious! This is the first I've seen of it. I don't see any reviews either. It might be a fun purchase, but it seems way too non-specific for me. I don't fall for the whole "Mystery Box" garbage anymore. If its too good to be true, it probably is. I've been burned by those random raffles before. Lol.
Certified Externals Whore.

Khost778

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2016, 07:45:54 PM »
yeah, I bought 5 random boxes on airsoftgi, out of which I got 2 not so great chest rigs and 3 of the same spring shotgun for about $100-150, but theres always that chance you get something actually worth it.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 11:02:05 AM »
I don't play the lottery and I don't buy things unless I know what I'm getting into;)

I can't see there being enough value in this sort of thing compared to buying gear and guns used. Particularly if your willing to work on both. So I'll stick with that;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Cats

• The Science Guy!
    • View Profile
    • Doom C3Airsoft Listing
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
"Webhosting by Shopify", only one unprofessional washed-out photo of a guy's beginner level airsoft kit and several stock photos compliments of Uncle Sam, and a facebook and instagram with hardly any updates. Maybe they're legit, but that sends up lots of red flags for me.

Khost778

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 01:17:03 AM »
Yeah, I decided not to go with it after all. Kinda got screwed out of a random box from evike, so I want to avoid random stuff for awhile.