Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Let's get the party started.  (Read 38248 times)

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
Re: Let's get the party started.
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2015, 07:56:23 PM »
Timm,

That's right amigo, October 2006 to be exact. =)

Praetor

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2015, 10:22:34 PM »
Been playing airsoft for ~3 years. First year was only backyard but then I went to my first rec game and realized what the sport was. My first "big" game was the bastards Realsim back only in November. However I'm trying to make it to a national level event this year so it seems like I'm moving along pretty fast. My decent replicas include an AUG, Tavor 21, MP5k, and a Luger. I'm relatively new to the community but look forward to many more years as a member.

Foxhound

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 01:27:00 PM »
I started into airsoft when I was probably 12 or so with getting my first springer for Christmas. After lurking MiA for a little while I joined in 2009 and since then I've had the chance to meet a lot of great guys and make some great memories. The first organized game I ever attended was OP: Pinch Point in Bangor, MI. That event is what really sparked my interest in the sport and put me on the path to where I'm at today. I've had a lot of fun being part of the MiA community and I hope it continues!

Connors

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2015, 05:31:06 PM »
Entered the Airsoft realm back in 2006 after my senior year of High School. Started out with a TM AK-47 beta and slowly upgraded form there and over the years. Before I left for the Coast Guard most knew me for always rocking out pistol games at SFOD and having a giant silencer on my M14, which I still have to this day, just on a shorter barrel. First major game was SFOD at the end of summer '06 and have yet to get to any big scale Milsims due to money and the inconvenient leash of Active Duty.
These days I'm rocking my old-school TM M14, TM P90 TR and a G&P Magpul edition M4 CQB as well as dabbling in the world of real-steel when I get a chance to feed my boom-sticks.

Now that I'm back home stationed in the mitten. Got out a bit to No Limits last summer bit it wasn't enough, and I'm looking forward to getting back out with everyone this summer when things wind down a bit at work.
SFOD's resident  Coastie, Scout, Crowd favorite and subject of all sausage jokes.
BM3, US Coast Guard
Currently serving at Aids to Navigation team, Detroit.
Previously served aboard USCGC Waesche and USCGC Anacapa.

Viper

• I have guns older than some of you
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2015, 06:30:03 PM »
Well, I'm Viper (Matt) from the Nighthawks. We have been around since 2004. I think we joined MIA around 2007? Had crappy AIM and other cheapo guns when we rolled into the OLD MOA field out on the West Side.

I think Rolling Thunder I was our first game there. Crappy green camo, borrowed from parents and picked up cheap at Harry's... Yikes.  Thousands and thousands of dollars later; here we are National Events, cross country trips, broken bones, shot out teeth, and awesome friends to go along with it.

High Five old dudes!
Nec Hostium Timete, Nec Amicum Reusate

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »
 Back in 2008 I was looking at getting into paintball,during my search for a paintball marker I came across airsoft guns. That began a year of obsessive gun collecting. I started playing backyard games in 2009 with a few friends and joined the forums in 2010. I am hoping to get into milsim this year and take the time to get to know more of my fellow members. See you all on the field!

Gunslinger

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2015, 02:24:43 PM »
I have been playing since 2003. I was a member of the team that has sense quit, retired, had children and got married. A.C.O. ( Airlift combat operations. I am mostly just into the bigger games now as I run my own business so "free" time is at a premium between being freshly married (in the last two years) and buying quads and Halrey's etc. Just not enough hours in a day.

Guts and Glory

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 11:11:17 PM »
"Whose that guy in the green pajamas?"

"Oh, that's just Guts, he likes to shout Urrah when the charge begins"

Been around MIA since 2008, just haven't been on the field for some time.  Used to be the rare Russkie before it suddenly became cool. :P
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

Zzan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 12:30:35 PM »
Have been playing paintball since the late 90's.  Had a group of guys from work that organized events every 3-4 weeks, usually at No Limits, Futureball or Hells Survivors.  One of the guys that played with us was into airsoft and kept trying to convert us over from paintball.  Over winter 2013-2014 I actually started talking to him about it and made the plunge and bought a gun and some gear. My first airsoft event was 3/29/2014 at a No Limits game hosted by the Suicide Kings.  Had a great time and was hooked.  Since I have been to several SK No Limits games and Rage/Bastards Hells Survivors games as well as Grayling last year before the Blacksheep/PTSD situation.

While I still have my paintball stuff, I am officially a convert and have no real desire to go back to paintball.  Airsoft is definitely more bang for the buck after you get past the rather large initial investment.

Yankee

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 03:20:30 PM »
Alright ladies, I'm here so you can stop worrying now.

I've been playing since 2007. However I'm currently I'm residing out of state for a job. I should be back by next year though. I know most of you older dudes on here already so here's a "sup" for the younger crowd: Sup

I miss you Timm me boy.

Troubadour

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Bastard's seXO
    • View Profile
    • Troubadour's Website
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 03:45:58 PM »
You have been banned from these forums.

Sums it up pretty much.
Bastard's Airsoft XO, Event Host, and  all around terrible person.

Timm

• Old school member
  • Swiggity Swooty I'm coming for that booty, Mon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »
I miss you Timm me boy.

Miss you too, brother!

kajunkerspunk

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 07:00:34 PM »
I've been lurking on MIA Proborads since 2008. I've been out of the airsoft game for quite a few years now due to other expenses (college) but perhaps once I'm done I could pick it back up again. I played a lot of games at the Winery/Farmington CQB as the operator over there (Hunter) is a good friend of mine. I mainly stayed on MIA for the General Car Discussion and the Digital Entertainment thread. I've also been to a handful of those MIA go shooting days at that range in Lapeer. Hopefully we can get a few of those auto threads going again.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2015, 06:54:50 PM by kajunkerspunk »

Knief

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 07:32:06 PM »
Feel free to start one up, Kajunkerspunk.  This place is a blank slate and could use some content.  If you liked it on the old board, start it here.

Abbot

• CO of TF: Phalanx
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 08:47:02 AM »
Airsofting for about 7 years on and off. I mainly focus on MilSim games, and I'm part of the Combat Junkies. I helped Spidey and Ajax start their team, Task Force: Phalanx this year. Currently, I'm helping TCPaintball get their feet on the ground with airsoft. Look forward to a MilSim game in July...