Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Be Careful, a lot of scammers are lurking these forums lately.  (Read 2783 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Be Careful, a lot of scammers are lurking these forums lately.
« on: February 11, 2018, 01:23:42 AM »
So I have come across a few scammers on this forum in the last 2 months. The guy selling the tippman M4 almost got me but I was able to get a refund ($300). I have had 2 more attempts from brand new accounts trying to make trades with me as well, both accounts are very shady. I would strongly recommend only doing business with people you know or people that you can meet face to face. I would not trust any accounts that are under 3 months old either. You have been warmed.

If you come across any accounts that you suspect of fraud post them here with as much info as you can provide, lets look out for each other.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Be Careful, a lot of scammers are lurking these forums lately.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 09:55:41 AM »
Also if something like this happens do send me or someone else on the mod/admin staff a message and I'll ban the account etc, along with killing their threads.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 10:10:17 AM »
Also just an update I just made a new section on the forum under Commerce, for scammer threads. I didn't want to delete them in case other guys had also fallen prey to their scam as it looks like that happened on that Tippmann thread. I wanted to keep the thread available so you guys can get together and share information. But I didn't want them in the commerce section in case someone else might accidentally try to buy it etc.

Another thing I did was custom title his account with "SCAMMER - Do not do business with" so he can log in here to reply if necessary but I doubt most guys will buy from someone with that title. Also once everyone is squared away as far as getting money back etc please shoot me a note and I'll fully ban their account.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
Thank you sir.