Gear > Clothing & Load Bearing Gear

Plate carriers

(1/2) > >>

browna6:
Was looking to possibly buy used, but if I can buy new for a decent quality and price I will. Any plate carrier recommendations?

T6e9a:
What sort of build are you? Larger more filled out? Thinner? About average?

I'm along the thinner lines and I like the Emerson JPC that I have. I have tried a number of other carriers and most are just too big and bulky.

Also how much gear do you plan to run? Molle "estate" can be another factor in what you are looking for.

browna6:
I'm looking for a decent amount of estate because I plan to use it in milsims.  But by lean I mean muscular, I play football in college.  Therefore sometimes big sizes are too big or small sizes are too narrow :-\.

T6e9a:
I don't think there is such a thing as a plate carrier that is "too narrow". But most carriers are pretty widely adjustable for the majority of body types.

As for using it for s milsim, there are a number on this board that have done so with a $25 chest rig and a hydro carrier.

Gimpalong:
Almost all new plate carriers are sold in sizes that are based off of the plate size. So a "small" plate carrier is one designed to hold a small SAPI plate, a "medium" is designed to hold a medium sized SAPI plate, etc. You can look up the different sizes of SAPI plates online to get an idea of the size.

Now if you're buying a reproduction plate carrier, like the Emerson JPC for example, it's pretty likely that the carrier will be sized for a medium plate.

The key to picking a PC is to know exactly what you need to carry and then select the carrier based on that. You shouldn't look to fill every piece of PALS webbing; just carry what you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version