Discussion Boards > Newbie Discussion

Getting back into the game

<< < (2/2)

Pagan:
My team and I host monthly games in Taylor. Our games last month had 143 attendees. We average around 80-90 players a game.

luke213:

--- Quote from: T6e9a on April 17, 2018, 03:39:26 PM --- CYMA. Each brand has their strong suites in platform selections.

--- End quote ---

That is an excellent point. Something I forgot to note and I'm not sure when you used to play or how long ago it was. But CYMA was absolute steaming garbage back in the day, like I'm having a hard time coming up with a comparable company to explain to newer players. But CYMA wasn't worth buying at any price back in the day. They made stuff that flat didn't work or failed within the first magazine, that's the reputation they held.

Now I'm not saying they are great, but they are generally fairly well built and serviceable guns. Which I still don't know how I feel about;) But I've owned several and been happy with them bang for the buck. Expect on inexpensive guns to need to do some internal work IE shimming, replacing hopup bucking etc, most just don't ship with good parts there. But with some tuning they really can do allot for a bargain bin price tag. Which compared to back when I started, parts are cheaper, and the guns quality on the whole is far better. Back in the day you bought a $300-400 CA gun, then put a couple hundred in parts to make it work well. Now you can buy a $150 gun, put $50 into it and have something that honestly is far better than the CA I mentioned initially. So it's to a degree a golden era if you're willing to learn to tear apart and repair things;)

Luke

T6e9a:
CYMA AKs are probably the most reliable out-of-the-box guns out there. I've worked on probably close to a couple hundred CYMA guns, of many platforms, and I have seen some things I would have never believed could be done, and the gun still function. Full metal, real wood AKs, starting at about $150 new.

Now like I was saying, each brand has their strong suites. Their compression systems between all the more recent platforms, are impeccable. Not long ago, I had to lower the FPS of one, that out of the box(which advertised shooting 361fps) shot almost 460. I had to cut 5 coils off the spring to have it barely legal for the 365 limit where they were playing.

I could go on and on about my positive opinion on CYMA, but like many other brands, they also made LPAEGs, M4 platforms, which while still decent, were slightly weird spec for certain part fitment, and weak-ish gearbox shells.

The trash brands I am familiar with were SRC, Javelin, Double Eagle, just to name a few. And even then, it is really the SRC sportline, that were so cheap and widely bought, which brought upon their unfavorable reputation. Their non M4 models and higher end stuff wasn't as bad, but still not as great as what is available today.

am36:
Thanks for the responses guys. Yeah I played when CYMA first popped up on the market and was still pretty trash but it’s great to hear how all the companies stepped it up. I remember my ca just totally crapped out on me so I replaced all the internals with the systema internals that they used to sell. Still wish I can tack that gun down but I’m gonna check out what you guys listed in the mean time.
Thank you
Ali

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version