Discussion Boards > Digital Entertainment

PC Build Thread - Aka We're better than you thread aka Digital Pissing Contest

(1/3) > >>

Troubadour:
So what sort of beast is everyone running these days? Are you planning a build? Do you need some recommendations? Questions about a part or how to install something, etc? Just want to show off your new build. This is that thread. Do it in here.

Ogre:

--- Quote from: Troubadour on June 04, 2015, 01:00:58 PM ---So what sort of beast is everyone running these days? Are you planning a build? Do you need some recommendations? Questions about a part or how to install something, etc? Just want to show off your new build. This is that thread. Do it in here.

--- End quote ---

I'm currently in the middle of funding a build, going with an Xeon Processor, Nvidia 970 from ASUS which I plan on overclocking. 4TB HDD and 16 GB of ram. Should be about a grand when I am done with it. Its not the best but will be able to max almost anything on the market in 1080p at 60 frames.

Troubadour:

--- Quote from: Ogre on June 04, 2015, 03:48:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: Troubadour on June 04, 2015, 01:00:58 PM ---So what sort of beast is everyone running these days? Are you planning a build? Do you need some recommendations? Questions about a part or how to install something, etc? Just want to show off your new build. This is that thread. Do it in here.

--- End quote ---

I'm currently in the middle of funding a build, going with an Xeon Processor, Nvidia 970 from ASUS which I plan on overclocking. 4TB HDD and 16 GB of ram. Should be about a grand when I am done with it. Its not the best but will be able to max almost anything on the market in 1080p at 60 frames.

--- End quote ---

That's going to do just fine for at least 2 years man. Hell, I built one in 2012 for $250 (I also worked at MicrocenteR) that could max out current games back then and lasted all the way till now. Grand Theft Auto V was the first game that it failed to run smoothly. Witcher 3 it's doing fine on, but still gonna probably throw in a new GFX and upgrade the CPU, mobo, and ram... So essentially build a brand new computer, actually exactly build a brand new computer.

Stinger:
Ogre, drop the Xeon and go with a better GPU (the 980 is killer). I have a 3770K and it does just fine with the video processing end of things. Plus the i7 series is better at running games than Xeons are (theoretically).

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxdYeS3Gqac[/youtube]

Snarf:
Nice build Stinger.

Hopefully I don't get laughed out of this thread, but I use a laptop for gaming/everyday use :P. I take it places somewhat frequently so I guess it worked out better than a desktop for me. It's a Lenovo ideapad Y510P, so at least it's a somewhat recent model (and it was on a massive sale, so why not?). The core i7 and Nvidia GT 750M is adequate for the games I play at least, at a good framerate. And yes, it can run Crysis ;).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version