Discussion Boards > The Gallery

More Classics - The JAC Thompson M1A1

(1/3) > >>

Gunner79:

[/url

JAC's Thompson M1A1

My twin beauties. The fidelity is beyond belief and it's hard to tell it's not the real thIng. Weigh about as much too, at appx 12/13lbs each. Performance is, in a word, exhilarating! These gems are light-years away from Tokyo Marui Thompson guns and in another universe altogether from other such guns made by pretty much every airsoft outfit around (from the new King Arms down to the cheap Cyber Gun Cyber Gun abomination). In fact, the 500 known made JAC Thompsons' are/were constructed using authentic Thompson components, including all of the wood furniture, magazine shells (real Colt Arms military issue mags, complete with the old Colt trade-dress. They are built/cut from billets of brass, high-grade steel and weigh a shade under 13lbs, like the real MCCoy. Dependant on how one tunes them, they can shoot very hot or very modestly (for airsoft gaming). They also can be adjusted for ROF by swapping out the recoil/barrel-return spring. The top gun in the photos is set for about 28rps and can blast out 9 rounds with the merest/briefest tap of it's trigger with an output of 480fps at 90psi (the guns shoot semi too)! The bottom M1A1 is currently set for about 15rps and, at 70psi have an output of about 375fps. The JAC M1A1 is simply a superlative airsoft gun and I simply cannot call it a toy as much as are those other rarities/work of art the JAC B.A.R M1918A2, Asahi's venerable MG34, the Asahi's Walther WA2000 and the Asahi/ANGS collaboration - the M16A2 'Impulse' rifle and CAR-15 (the impulse guns were the FIRST airsoft rifles to have a 300' range, new and right-out-of-the-box, and fully capable of consistently hitting the intended target (and I have both impulse '16s in my collection and can attest to those claims)

Many thanks to my friend WolfGeorge who graciously allowed me to purchase my old JAC M1A1 back (she has traveled many a mile since I first traded her quite some time ago - and I was surprised indeed when I learned that it eventually ended up in GREECE with WG, of all people!!!).  Now she is back home in the much cooler climes of N. California with me, home where she belongs:)

Gunner79

luke213:
Very nice, I've always dug classic airsoft but that's been something I've avoided over the years. Primarily because I know it would be an expensive road to travel and I can't afford another hobby within a hobby that I barely afford;)

Either way very nice;)

Luke

Krutch:
Such beauty. Classic Airsoft technology is amazing to me. They sure don't make em like they used to.

Gunner79:
Thanks Luke/Krutch. 

Luke - Roger that!  Airsoft collecting (either 'modern/contemporary' or Classic) certainly is not easy on our wallets!  LOL - after seeing some of your collection, I'm pretty certain that you speak from actual experience! ;)

Ruth -  could not have said it better myself.  Even after a quarter century of involvement with the hobby, I often find myself continuously amazed at the sheer elegance of some of these guns and the way many of the earlier guns were designed with zero reliance on electronics or electro-pnuematic propulsion systems. Rather, they used/relied on designs that were simple yet extremely effective, and stunningly simple as well as reliable!

Regards to the both of you:)

G79

Gunner79:
Sorry Krutch did NOT mean to call your name out as 'Ruth' but I guess my cellphone had decided that the other name was a perfect 'autofind' match!

BTW, Luke - is there an 'edit' function available when posting?  I cannot seem to find it!  Many thanks!

G79

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version