Discussion Boards > Newbie Discussion

I'm Clueless

(1/2) > >>

Rekadae:
So I've recently been watching Airsoft MilSim videos and it's really got me wanting to get into this, My budget is likely going to be around $600 probably about $200 for Gear, so $400 for the AR+Any Accessories. I have no clue what companies are good, what rifles are reliable, I've been looking around and it seems that I'm going to want to look for something that is full metal and fully upgradable, any suggestions for a gun? (Already have a Sidearm KWC Smith & Wesson Sigma 40F, Also my POS 330 FPS BW 15 is now fucked and makes some weird noise whenever I try to Shoot )

TauterTwiggy:
Are you looking for something to buy and not have to touch or something to upgrade yourself?

luke213:
That's really the question to ask since there are allot of guns that are decent for fairly cheap but may need internal work. Then there are guns like TM that if left alone will run almost forever if fed good BB's etc. So depending on how far into the learning to fix stuff end of things you want to get. You can certainly make a $150 gun into a good gun and save some budget, or get two since for milsim and larger games it's always a good idea to have a backup gun with you. Since you don't want to pay $100+ dollars to get in only to have a problem with your gun 5 minutes into the game. Generally speaking with airsoft it's when not if you'll have problems. TM guns, that when might be 200,000 rounds in. With a clone or less expensive gun that might be 5 rounds or 100,000 without issues, it really depends on how it was put together and how sloppy it is.

Also I'm not sure what a BW 15 is and whether it's worth fixing but it might be, if it's a metal gearbox etc it likely is worth at least correcting whatever broke. You say it's making a noise depends on what type of noise. If it's a click it could just be a bad battery. If it's grindy it's either piston or gear related likely. But it could be allot of things.

Luke

Rekadae:
Yeah, I'm going to look into the AR that I have it's a BlackWater 15, can't even seem to find any trade marking on it so I'm likely going to just open it up look into it a little bit, and decide whether or not I want to go into an up-gradable platform, like a G&G, or just jump into a gun like a Are Amoeba Series. Either way I'm looking at about a budget of $400 so for the best optimal performance for a singular gun what should I do?

TauterTwiggy:
If your budget is $400 definitely look into a Krytac, they are the best put together guns I've seen and will require very little upgrading to perform well and I love their hopup system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version