Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAR: Operation: Turquoise Ridge (02/17/18) @ HITW  (Read 9783 times)

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
AAR: Operation: Turquoise Ridge (02/17/18) @ HITW
« on: February 17, 2018, 09:48:52 PM »
Thank you to all the players that braved the cold Michigan temperatures and icy cold snow to come out for a great day of winter Michigan Airsoft. Temperatures altered from the mid 30's to the 40's throughout the day, so it wasn't a terrible day weather wise at all.

Both teams fought very hard all day long. The Michigan winter often graces us with a severe lack of cover with absolutely no vegetation outside of trees, man-made structures, and the high and low ridgelines. Intense firefights were fought constantly over contested areas were commonplace all day long.

At the end of the day, the People's Liberation Army - China (Tan Team) one the day by one by point, by keeping possession of both missile cases.

Once again, from all of us at Hole in the Wall Paintball thank you for coming and braving the cold Michigan weather for a great game of airsoft!

Operation: Turquoise Ridge Photo Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tTDeGfhl4dKkcBnh2

Next Major Event (HITW Spring Socal 2018 ~ (04/14/2014): https://www.miairsoft.org/index.php?topic=1527.0
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 05:04:55 PM by Canto »

coussens5

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: AAR: Operation: Turquoise Ridge (02/17/18) @ HITW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 10:13:46 AM »
Had an awesome time! Green team held our own for most of the day, only giving up the South Ridge at the end for a run at the case. Too bad we didn't get it! I did notice that most of our team said that not only was it their first time at Hole in The Wall, but it was their first time airsofting ever! That was awesome to hear, I'm beginning to feel that there may be a resurgence of players for the first time in a while. Also, I saw some old veteran players I haven't seen in YEARS! All in all, I'm happy with the Nepalese army and I would lead them into battle again!

P.S. I am anxiously awaiting pictures, it's not too often you get to command a team in flannel!

Phantom G3

• I’m oldschool. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 11:21:36 AM »
As the XO of the green side and leader of the support team in the first half of the game, I will say that we had a pretty rough start and it seemed as though a lot of us forgot how to fire and manuever, but we did have a lot of new players so once the vets stepped up and lead the new guys into the frontlines, we started to push the tan back and we pushed them all the way to their spawn and we not only kept hold of our FOB the whole time the first half, we pushed into Deadwood and took hold that and we kept pushing just past that toward Heartbreak.

Even though we lost in the end, I believe our team kicked a lot of ass and I’m very proud of them.
Phantom G3 www.miairsoft.proboards.com (old site)

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2018, 05:03:30 PM »
Operation: Turquoise Ridge Photo Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tTDeGfhl4dKkcBnh2