Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michigan vs. Ohio 11/07/2015  (Read 18705 times)

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
Michigan vs. Ohio 11/07/2015
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:07:37 AM »
First off, I had a great time yesterday so a big thanks to Mosin and everyone else who makes these games happen.

Second, since it seems like everyone was talking about this, it was a real bummer the way the field staff gave priority to the paintballers. Basically HS double booked this game with a few groups of paintballers (probably about 50 total) and prevented us from using entire sections of the field for hours on end, causing some serious choke points in the first half of the game. This was kind of a letdown but I understand it was completely beyond anyone's control other than the Hell's survivors staff. The second half more than made up for it to me but I did feel kind of bad for the guys that drove four hours here and had to put up with that.

Other random observations I had were that comms were a mess as always, and HPA users love to spam. Objectives were pretty good and the admins did a good job of adapting on the fly to the situation caused by the paintballers.

Gunslinger

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
Re: Michigan vs. Ohio 11/07/2015
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 11:34:50 AM »
The field for me was huge and the bastards for setting up such a cool game. Typical style woods pla with a really cool added setting of the city and castle etc. it was cool to get back out in the woods with the group of guys I enjoy playing with. I would definitely go back. Good time grab assing with my teammates and going out and shooting at people and having a good time.   

My only issue was to many people running around with wrong or miss match camo on. To many people in black shirts on both sides and odd camo patterns with tan head gear on the green side and so one.

Ajax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 07:15:49 PM »
Overall I had a great time; everyone was a good sport on both sides and I didn't personally witness any cheating. I did see some confusion with camo patterns as several tan players were dressed in hoodies and even some in partial woodland camouflage.

I was frustrated by Hell's survivors completely unprofessional treatment of their customers. We were told we would have a large portion of the AO unrestricted by the paintball players, but when they go back on us and tell us that the paintballers are more important and deserve special treatment it pisses me off. I pay good money to play there and their actions just make me want to take my business elsewhere. This makes me kind of sad because hell's survivors is one of the nicest fields I've played at, It's a shame that it has to be ruined by crappy business.

In terms of gameplay this was one of the most intense games I've ever participated in. Props to the guys from Ohio for putting up such a good fight. The action was handled fluidly and extremely well by admins, who had to deal with the sudden drastic map change. One thing in particular I thought was very cool was the way the dynamic of the AO changed so much; like the way Ohio took Helo on us twice, and we had to take it back. We did have home team advantage so that probably helped us immeasurably in the fight. The subs were great and I hope you guys decide to have them again next time.

Also in case he has an account here I borrowed an m4 mag from one of the guys in my squad but on the way back to the staging area to reload, it must have fallen out of my dump pouch and I lost it. I couldn't find the guy I borrowed the mag from afterwards, and would like to pay him back for loosing his magazine. I didn't get his name but he was in Alpha-1.

This is a long shot but if anyone found a tan cover for a crane stock mine fell off in the city.

I did get a bunch of decent footage this time and will hopefully have a video up within the next week or so.         
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:17:52 PM by Ajax »
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 04:57:48 PM »
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 08:17:47 PM »
Nice footage, it would have been nice to play on the MIA side, looks like you guys were much better organized. We seriously wouldn't have even had a common channel on the between squads on the Ohio team if I hadn't gotten everyone's attention at the beginning when everyone was just standing around shooting their guns into the woods. Even so half the time people were either hot mic'ing on our command channel or using it for squad communications so it was hard to figure out what was going on. I had a good time regardless, but having comms and leadership figured out really helps.

Good footage from when you guys took the castle from us. I wish my pistol had been working and maybe I would have given you a run for your money. It was a bummer to sit there helpless because of my med limit.

Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »
Mosin made it seem like Ohio was coming at us with much more organized planning and structure, so I put a significant effort into having a communications network and somewhat of a plan.
-Stinger

"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 09:13:51 PM »
Mosin made it seem like Ohio was coming at us with much more organized planning and structure, so I put a significant effort into having a communications network and somewhat of a plan.

Well big props to you for making it happen! I could tell just from your video that you guys had a lot more structured command. Ideally every game would be planned like that. We didn't even have a designated CO for our team so trying to relay information and get squads moving in any kind of coordinated effort was a headache since a bunch of people didn't even have radios. In the last half comms pretty much fell apart completely so my squad did our best to keep the admins in view/earshot to stay updated and just grab whatever other guys were hanging around at the moment to complete objectives.

Ajax

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2015, 08:33:20 AM »
My first attempt at creating a video for youtube.

Let me know how you think I did, and your thoughts for improving.
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

ctres

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2015, 10:39:45 AM »
Footage looks good as well ajax. I personally have one suggestion, and it goes for both your video and stingers, but I prefer longer clips that show more context rather than just a "highlight reel." Others may diagree but especially for games that I was at I enjoy seeing things from another player's point of view but it's hard to do when the video is just short clips overlayed with music. IMO it's totally okay to show yourself getting hit, etc since it's everything that happens in between that really helps put things in context.

Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 02:37:20 PM »
...I prefer longer clips that show more context rather than just a "highlight reel." Others may diagree but especially for games that I was at I enjoy seeing things from another player's point of view but it's hard to do when the video is just short clips overlayed with music. IMO it's totally okay to show yourself getting hit, etc since it's everything that happens in between that really helps put things in context.
I would love to have to do less editing and just make videos like that, but the majority of my 1,200-person subscriber base prefers videos with higher production quality. Most of the people that watch my videos were not at the event, so they are more interested in seeing what happened in a condensed format. I'm putting out 30-40 minute videos but my average view is still only 9 minutes long, which tells me that most people are not even watching the entire condensed version.
-Stinger

Harvester

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:53 PM »
So who won point wise anyway?

Praetor

• Trade Count: (3)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
So who won point wise anyway?
Michigan won.

Harvester

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2015, 10:48:50 PM »
Sweet! It was probably the game reset that did it.