Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Silicone  (Read 8269 times)

dizzyshot

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Silicone
« on: May 03, 2015, 07:46:06 PM »
I know that silicone is used in airsoft guns of every type. I was wondering though to what type of silicone would work best with what type of gun? For example would silicone spray work better for gears over silicone grease. Also what silicone brands do you guys prefer for your guns? Thanks for the answers you guys can provide.

Oh and could you guys try to answer like this the following:

AEG - Silicone grease (Brand Name here)
Gas Pistol - Silicone spray (Brand Name here)
O-Rings - Silicone spray (Brand Name here).

Again thanks and happy airsofting.

M.S.-ARC

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
Re: Silicone
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 09:28:34 PM »

dizzyshot

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 10:03:00 PM »
Thanks Arc! I've searched for things like that forums thread, but always end up with sales instead of the actual thread. Maybe I should start adding the word 'forum' and see if that changes anything much.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 07:57:39 PM »
You can also search within a specific site by doing search for say "silicone site:miairsoft.org" in google which will return results just from MIA rather than the entire net. You can replace MIA with anything and get results just from that forum which makes it easier.

On lube, I use white lithium on gears still though I've heard of guys running silicone on them, actually I use white lithium in very small amounts on pistons etc in AEG's as well and silicone everywhere else. I've never been a fan of spray cans of silicone so I've always used RC shock oil or recently toner silicone which my brother gave me a lifetime supply of like a quart. Then I just put it in smaller bottles and use it everywhere else including GBB's. Works well and like I said it's much cheaper for longer term than running it in a can.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"