Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAR Operation: Geronimo II  (Read 15833 times)

Ajax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
AAR Operation: Geronimo II
« on: September 14, 2015, 10:37:06 AM »
I'm surprised nobody posted this yet.

I had a very good time, I thought it was a well organized and implemented event. There was plenty of trigger time for everyone, and everyone seemed to be good sports. The different tasks that were assigned were unique and challenging. My personal highlights of the game were climbing the embankment (that resulted in an ambush at the top) and the night mission. The night mission was so intense, as it was pitch black and we could hardly see anything. And  while it took us a long time to skirt around to come from the north it was well worth it, though we did have a scare from the refs who we mistook for the enemy. 
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
Re: AAR Operation: Geronimo II
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 12:06:38 PM »
It was dank. That's all I have to say.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Greekas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 03:21:17 PM »
For those of you who haven't seen them, here's the photos I took at the game: http://imgur.com/a/I92OA

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2015, 04:48:16 PM »

I must be old I don't know what that means;)

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Leaf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2015, 07:00:48 PM »
There seemed to be some majorly wacky stuff going on. Me and some of team members were pretty sure there were quite a few wannabe Infidel Juggernauts (It doesn't really surprise me anymore, but it is very annoying especially when I felt that me and my squad were calling our hits honorably.). There also seemed to be a decent amount of over shooting, even some times when I was waving a RED rag around. That made me pretty mad, but I kept walking and waving, I did not yell at them as I saw/heard some rebel brothers doing.

The night game was cool, I didn't know whether to be nervous or relaxed. It took the infidels so long I thought about taking a nap. :P

All in all this rebel had a good time.

Crusade

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 07:53:37 PM »

Indeed. I think my favorite part of the OP was when the Abu guys took the castle to regain the bomb and their leader. Only to find the bomb.... To sum that up I grabbed Marshy and ran away with him and regrouped with a few other guys and secured him at the chopper. I loved this game and I got a lot of great footage, one part of which I have just posted on YouTube, hence this link.

Puma1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2015, 10:58:18 PM »
Definitely a great event.  I'm sad I missed the night game but all in all it was a fun day.

Overkilling was definitely a thing at this game but looking back at it a good 75% of it could have been avoided by me just moving out of the way. 
Hit calling was great for the entire game minus one part.  During green's assault on the castle I watched my bb's bounce off of someone's goggles (twice), watched them duck their head down for less than half a second, pop back up and hose me down.  Other than that I had no real issues.  Also, props for the sportsmanship.  I know I have some growing up to do in that area.

Also, to the guys using green lasers...  Please be careful with them.  After doing some research (and prior knowledge from a previous experience) I've found several sources (Real sources) that basically say the green lasers on the market today can cause permanent eye damage and even blind spots in peoples visions if it hits their eyes directly. (Sources: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/01/health/01laser.html?_r=0  http://www.livescience.com/21707-lasers-eye-damage.html and http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/can-a-pocket-laser-damage/ )  Personally, I think they should not be used in airsoft at all as they pose a well documented and very real health risk. I also understand that stopping gameplay for that dumb of a reason is useless, It's just a concern of mine I felt I needed to bring up in the AAR as green lasers (especially visible ones) are a growing trend.  I was also personally hit at least 5 times with the laser directly into my eyes.

The objectives were well thought out and executed by the Bastards.  The CIA element was a pain in the royal ass all day long but it made the game more interesting.  I'd definitely like to see them involved in some future events as well. 

All in all, props to the Bastards and to the hell's refs (Who were very active and fair for the whole game).  I try to attend every event you guys put on and I'll definitely be back to smack down our neighbors to the south. 

Overall, another great Milsim, as can be expected with the Bastards.

Edit: Removed uncalled for snide remark
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 12:04:35 AM by Puma1 »
King Arms 'CQB' M4 -- King Arms 20" DMR -- King Arms 16" Rifle.
M81, Digital Marpat and Multicam.

My Buy/Sell ratings from 'old' MIA

Mosin

• The Bastards
  • Global Moderator
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 12:08:21 PM »
Figured I'd post a (somewhat) official response in regards to this event.

Firstly, thanks to everyone that came out. My most sincere apologies for not having patches in time. As I said on the Facebook post about it, you'd think 1.5 months in advance with the exact same design as we did last time with only slight modification would be more than enough to get through their processes. Naturally we were wrong, and I still haven't received them. That being said, PM me if you haven't already with your address so I can mail you a patch. I only order 100, and we had 98 total show up at the door, so we're pretty much going first come first serve on it, under the guise that I'm obviously keeping 9 of them for my staff that was there, but I'm sure this won't be an issue.

As far as the game play itself went, we spent the past several months gathering a weekend or two per month and hammering out the game style and how it'd play out. In the future if we can get players to step into leadership roles we can send more mods in field to "ENDEX" and be able to give follow on briefings within 10 meters of exactly where they left off, to further drive home kind of a quick pause and update, followed by resuming game play.

The Abu Abu team was given the short end of the stick throughout the day, having something close to 20 members of the group actually being CIA members, naturally they were set up for failure. For the record, I believe 4-5 made it all the way from start to finish without having their cover blown, all the while secretly flipping flags of captured locations, disarming the IED, and giving away your movements and key intel. Because I seen the steam roll happening from the SEALs not only being somewhat cohesive units but also having the upper hand of knowledge, I reined back the CIA a little bit to limit them what they could do on field.

The ultimate victory of the whole event was secured by the SEAL, FSF, and CIA group, as they were able to infiltrate Pentagon and capture me, and get me out of the AO.

In short I really only seen two things I'd like to personally address. The first being the "Hell Survivors playing refs", I'd like to completely do away with, mainly because of a "he said she said" issue that happened later in the afternoon, to which both sides could claim they had 4-5 witnesses that can vouch for them. The second issue is the green lasers. While I personally think they're awesome, they should not be shined on people, for any reason. We'll be adding that in our safety brief in the morning. It's not the biggest deal because I'm guessing you likely didn't stand out in the open like a deer in headlights when it happened, and those lasers aren't exceeding 5mW, but it happened at the event, so it's worth mentioning.

To those that came out to Geronimo II, I'm keeping the roster until prepay is shut off. If you guys PREPAY for the Michigan v. Ohio event I'll grant $5.00 off admission, basically making it $35 to play quite possibly the largest MilSim event Michigan has seen in some time. I will NOT be honoring this for those who want to pay at the gate, simply because we are buying nicer patches from a different dealer, so the cost of those are higher, in addition to working out if logistically we can support providing food for the players.

That being said, please sign up to the Michigan v. Ohio MilSim as soon as you know you're in it to win it. Ohio claims they're bringing 80 of their best, I'd like to see us do the same.

gizinski117

• View Profile
AAR Operation: Geronimo II
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 11:58:54 AM »
How do I get my patch for this event

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 12:04:22 PM »
This has been up for a while, but I guess I should post it here:

-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."