Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: M203/40mm grenades  (Read 9233 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
M203/40mm grenades
« on: February 17, 2017, 02:43:25 PM »
So guys I'm looking for some input from you guys with more grenade experience than I have which is minimal;)

I recently picked up a single shot breech loading grenade launcher in trade along with one of the smaller I believe 96 round shower style grenades. With green gas I'm pretty unimpressed by the range and overall output of the grenade. So I'm looking to outfit a couple M203's this year etc, since we've been using vehicles in our games and it would be nice to have an option to take them out.

So what I'm looking for is some input on grenade type/size that will give me the most bang for the buck. I'm planning on picking up 3-4 of them likely will be shooting foam practice golf balls since I picked some up recently and they fit well down the muzzle and they were very inexpensive.

So I'm wondering is green gas sufficient for shooting actual projectiles? Or should I look into the CO2 fill options? Or just larger green gas based grenades? I haven't been able to find allot of info covering the differences between the various shells or not enough confirmation to figure out what direction to go.

So input would be appreciated.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Gimpalong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Re: M203/40mm grenades
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 04:40:47 PM »
I have 6 of these (http://www.evike.com/products/38167/) that I purchased with a bunch of extra caps. I can fill the shell with whatever level of ammunition I want (less ammo for more range, more ammo for greater spread, etc). The info I've seen is that having the single large hole in the shell versus many holes a-la the "shower" type grenades is beneficial for launching nerf-type projectiles. I haven't actually shot any nerf footballs or foam whatnot using these shells, so I don't have any direct experience with them. I looked into getting some CO2 shells, but the requirement to have some sort of extra device to fill CO2 into and then from that into the shells was offputting.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 07:11:01 PM »
Those were one of the ones I was looking at as an option. Those according to Evike will handle CO2 but I have zero experience with that because like you I wasn't thrilled with having to buy another adapter to fill them with CO2 that honestly is fairly expensive. But I'm willing to take that route if that's what it takes to get results;)

I was thinking though that single output of sorts would maybe be better for launching, just wasn't sure. And I figured if it was a wash between the styles I'd stick with a shower style just to have either option, but if it does indeed make a difference I'm more interested in launching projectiles than BB's really that will be 99% of the purpose.

Luke

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2017, 03:26:02 PM »
I wanted to post a follow up on this thread, I did get these grenades in: http://www.evike.com/products/38167/

Bar one that was likely used and returned that they shipped me as new;) The rest function very well and I'd say are a good grenade at least in my limited experience. Compared to the typical shotgun style this seems to have allot more gas allot more pop and are far better for shooting longer range projectiles etc. Yesterday in some testing I was able to shoot practice golf balls out to 75+ yards. Accuracy was a bit across the board, but I'll do more testing when the weather warms since it was only 28 degrees yesterday so it was fill and keep warm in the shop then walk outside and take the shot. Not ideal testing conditions for anything gas powered.

Either way wanted to make sure for people coming across this thread these seem like a great bang for the buck 40mm grenade.

Luke