Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: looking for players in the northern michigan area  (Read 17701 times)

sophrocide

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
looking for players in the northern michigan area
« on: April 24, 2016, 02:15:28 PM »
Hi, Im zack. I have recently started a team in northern Michigan. Charlevoix to Traverse city area. We are looking for new players that would be interested in casual play throughout the summer and/or any events in the northern area. we have noticed there doesn't seem to be much activity in the area, but there is no reason there couldn't be. Anyone interested in helping us get airsoft spread to the northern lower peninsula and playing this summer let me know. We aren't apposed to driving moderate distances but would love to see this awesome sport spread to our area as well!

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Re: looking for players in the northern michigan area
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2016, 05:54:07 PM »
Hey!

Check out the Traverse City Airsoft Association on Facebook. There's quite a few of us part of this group and we're always looking for new players!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/641647895918548/

sophrocide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2016, 06:12:41 PM »
awesome thank you. I have noticed most of the activity is down state but I'm glad to hear there is a community up north!

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 01:33:50 PM »
Also there is a smallish group up near the Soo in the UP. They seem to play fairly regularly but that might be another option to play as well. They from what I've heard play on a nearly weekly basis.

If your interested shoot me a note and I'll dig up there information. I know they are on my UP Airsoft facebook page, but I'm drawing a blank on names etc right now.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

sophrocide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 02:02:04 PM »
alright, that might be a little far away still but we may be able to arrange a couple meet ups. if you can find that info for me that would be appreciated, thank you for the reply!

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2016, 12:40:05 PM »
I passed on word to him to come to the thread, so you should see something from him. I actually don't think I have a link to contact info for his group at this point but he is involved in two groups I'm in that are organizing games in the UP.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

FearNoEvil

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2017, 10:17:09 PM »
Hey im most definitely interested! Right in my region. I live in Petoskey, I just moved up from downstate and Ive been searching for a community or group to get involved with. Please contact me with any details, im easy to work with and a great teamplayer. A bit of a noob but im well geared and I also have my own vehicle. Thank you.

-Edward

sophrocide

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 09:13:34 AM »
hi Edward, my name is zack. thanks for your reply. find our page 'screaming wombats' on Facebook and send us a message so i can get you more info

Fluxx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 09:58:05 PM »
Hey Zack and everyone else, i'm getting into airsoft and have been looking for a team and arenas for a while so i have seen your looking for people in Traverse City and places around there well i live in Traverse i have used my friends airsoft guns and they and my family say i'm really accurate because my friend was running as fast as he could and i hit him every single time with a really bad airsoft gun so i will be up to joining and could play a marksman or gunner or somewhere in between please respond because i really want to get into airsoft and if this happens i have a lot of friends who are interested so i could bring them in and get us more numbers Thanks for reading this!

-Henry

sophrocide

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 10:47:03 PM »
Hey Henry, thanks for contacting us! Find our Facebook page and send us a message so I can get you more info!
https://www.facebook.com/thescreamingwombats

-Zack: Screaming Wombats team leader

Cats

• The Science Guy!
    • View Profile
    • Doom C3Airsoft Listing
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 05:21:10 PM »
Hey Zack,
I hope you don't mind but I'm going to dump this information here. I still get a lot of requests from new players in the Northern Michigan area looking for groups and these are generally who I point them too:

Best Buds Airsoft
Organizer: Zac
Ages: 15 to 35
facebook.com/bestbudsairsoft
The organizer is a great guy and has brought nearly a dozen groups from northern Michigan together to play for free on his property in Mancalona. Close to 90 players from all walks of life. Highly recommended!

Ages: 15 to 25
facebook.com/groups/271416433297994/
This is a brand new group working to bring a few small local groups together. They’re a bit disorganized but it’s a good opportunity to join a budding new startup. They usually play in a public gravel pit in South Boardman.

Organizer: Shane AKA “Deputy865”
miairsoft.org/index.php?action=profile;u=111
Shane has been in the sport for over a decade. He used to run a team in TC but now he mostly organizes events through Traverse City Paintball North. He has several 30 to 100 person events planned this year at TCP and is a frequent player in the smaller local games.

trevorjd1995

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2017, 10:32:16 PM »
Mid Michigan area here

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2017, 09:13:13 AM »
Hey Zack,
I hope you don't mind but I'm going to dump this information here. I still get a lot of requests from new players in the Northern Michigan area looking for groups and these are generally who I point them too:

Thanks a lot for that info. I live in TC and had never seen either of those two groups.