Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Playing with real-life Mag capacities  (Read 6133 times)

Gr1zzly

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Playing with real-life Mag capacities
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:42:36 PM »
Does anyone ever play with actual/ estimated actual mag capacities? For example, if your AEG has a 400-round mag but the real version of your gun only has a 20 round mag, then you only load 20 BBs.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Playing with real-life Mag capacities
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 05:16:52 PM »
With how 400rd high caps work, you wouldn't really be able to consistently get 20rds. Ideally for the application, a magazine with an extended follower would be ideal as you can load the exact number of rounds and it will feed every one, none wasted.

And probably the people that run the closest to "real caps" are those that run GBBRs. And are generally Milsim oriented, but not always.

I do like how ammo and magazine limits make you think about ammo conservation and thinking through your shots. Makes for a more unique play experience, but generally the closest you get are games that require midcap magazines.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Playing with real-life Mag capacities
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 06:40:28 PM »
I've run low caps and say 30 rounders for AR platforms and still have a couple old school Star branded mags from way back in the day. The problem with airsoft and really low cap mags is that each BB isn't as capable as each round from a real rifle, and that makes it tough to find a compromise between realism and function. I'd say my own gut says midcaps aren't far off about 2-3 times the capacity is pretty close functionally.

But yeah it seems good but in my opinion it just doesn't work very well, and also you've gotta take into account the other players on the field. If everyone were restricted maybe, it would add another element to the game. But I will say most of the games I've played with strict ammo limits changes the way I play and how I tend to engage. Especially if there are "neutral" factions on the field. Honestly if I'm ammo limited I'm not getting into a potential firefight with a neutral party if they engage. I'll just have my team wipe them out entirely on each contact to insure we're not wasting ammo in a long winded back and forth firefight.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"