Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upper peninsula Airsoft  (Read 9216 times)

YooperBen

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Upper peninsula Airsoft
« on: January 17, 2016, 09:38:28 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm here from Marquette and am looking for other players from around the UP. My main goal is to build a community up here and get some games going. I'm going to school at Northern Michigan University and have found that Michigan Tech plays and has a club. As far as I can tell that is the only established group in the Upper Peninsula. Please let me know where your from and what you think! Thanks

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Upper peninsula Airsoft
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:11:05 PM »
Welcome Ben, actually I'm in Channing;) I used to organize and play games up here as well as traveling downstate for larger games but then I took nearly 10 years off without playing. The last year I've been back involved in the sport and been organizing games again and I've run into a group from Marquette that organizes games in Skandia.

Here is the facebook link for my organization of sorts UP Airsoft: https://www.facebook.com/groups/upairsoftdickinsoncounty/

Here is the link to STFU which is the Marquette group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/165636486823274/

There is overlap between the two groups of players, UP airsoft is my place to post upcoming events that I'm holding down on my property but also post when events are coming up in the area that aren't my events. IE I post the events that STFU posts and as we get more players in the surrounding area I plan to post their events as well to try and bring together our player base more and more. So if you know other guys that are playing feel free to send them to UP Airsoft and I'll post everything there.

Now all of that said I of course post here and whatnot as well, I just use facebook to organize games because right now that's what STFU started using years ago and was established, and when I started UP airsoft back up it began with a bunch of players who weren't on MIA and I knew personally via Facebook. So both are a resource but at this point the events are just posted there since MIA as a whole is primarily lower Michigan players who aren't going to drive 10 hours to play a REC game in Skandia or Channing:)

So give me a shout on Facebook about the games, and hang around here for everything else;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

YooperBen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 09:35:21 PM »
Hey thanks a lot Luke that is a lot of good info. I'm glad to hear you guys play all year round. I have been digging for a few weeks now on how to connect with a community and I am glad that I found one. I'll make sure to get on facebook and find those groups. Looking forward to getting to know you guys!

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 09:39:12 PM »
Not a problem at all;) We were going to play yesterday but with the weather we put it off and they did a gun fixing day at one of the guys house in MQT. So depending on the weather which looks good there will likely be a game next weekend in Skandia. On average we run around 10-20 guys but we've had a fair bit more some games etc. Winter though tends to bring out the guys who are a little more hardcore about playing year round.

If you have trouble just look me up on Facebook, Lukas Adams Channing mi

Luke

YooperBen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2016, 09:42:25 PM »
That's good to hear and more people then I would expect in the winter! I am just not getting back into the game so I have most of my gear ordered except for the gun. I will be ordering that this Friday (have to budget) so I wont be able to play for another week or so as I wait for that to come in.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2016, 09:53:37 PM »
Well keep in mind you don't need a gun to play really, if I'm there your more then welcome to borrow a gun. When I setup games I'm often getting new players out to try and increase our player count. So I keep enough eye pro on hand, and my current collection of guns is I believe right now 14+ so pretty much got you covered if needed;) As well a few of the other guys have a fair number of loners available.

So feel free to just mention before hand if your coming to a game if someone has a loaner for ya. I'm usually there and seldom bring less than 5 guns with me to a game. But since my wife and I had another baby a few months back I'm not quite back into action as much as normal just too many things going on right this minute to say for sure;) And Kris who runs the Marquette group, his wife and him had a baby about a week after we did, so he's quite busy as well;) But we're making due sometimes with other guys running the games, etc depending on schedules.

Take care!

Luke