Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Farmington CQB (The Winery)?  (Read 8943 times)

TheM60Guy

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Farmington CQB (The Winery)?
« on: October 22, 2016, 09:41:35 PM »
Hello,

I'v been away from the Michigan Airsoft community for about 5 years now and I was wondering if CQB Farmington was still in operation. I used to play there almost every weekend back in 2010 or 2011. If you played there during that time you might remember me as the kid who ran the full size M60.  I have a lot of great memories of slinging plastic in that historic building. If anyone could give me any info on it, or what happened to it, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

The M60 Guy

Dr Black

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: Farmington CQB (The Winery)?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 03:01:07 AM »
I heard that they stopped letting events be hosted at that location.  Although I hear that someone was going to talk with the owners and see if that can happen again.  But at the current no games are being hosted there AFAIK.
Dr Black

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 08:25:10 PM »
From my understanding, the owners son, Hunter, had gone off to college or somewhere, and that was our main source of access. From the last "public" game I remember there, I have been there maybe 1-2 times as sort of a private training day, but even that was a solid 1-2 years ago. The building still stands as far as I know. Though it had been revamped a bit the last time I was there. The whole downstairs area was revamped and opened up as the staging area, with the stair case leading to the up stairs, being the only playing area. And there were a few more rooms and hallways than the older days of both up and downstairs play areas.

I sure do miss that place and the community that played there. Good times indeed. My first game in fact haha. I'm sure I've crossed paths with you back then.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »
As far as I know hunter has moved off to college and is no longer able or interested in hosting games any more. It's a real shame since the place was pretty nice and really fun. I wonder what the possibility of someone taking over hosting duties for him would be, I would be interested in the position if it was available.

I also think there was issues with the fire department requireing them to have a sprinkler system installed and it costing a ridiculous price, I think that also led to the end of games.