Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WileyX SG1 RX  (Read 11508 times)

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
WileyX SG1 RX
« on: May 02, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »
So with a recent trip to the optometrist/eye doctor, and the consideration of actually playing this year, I thought I would look around at what the RX options were for goggles.

I had always thought you could just find a place that made a complete replacement lens for say some Revision Desert Locusts, as in the whole goggle lens, but from my research, there are only inserts that attach internally to the goggle which the prescription lenses are fit into.

And from my experience with wearing glasses under goggles, I would assume these inserts would undergo the same fogging issues as traditional glasses-under-goggles would.

A little more research, I find the highly regarded WileyX SG1s.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.opticsplanet.com/wileyx-rx-sunglasses.html%3F_iv_amp%3D1

So I'm pretty interested in these, and will be more than willing to drop the dough so long as they fit well and work how they should.

Has anyone had these at any point, have any input?
On the sight I linked, there are 2 options, one specifying "gaskets only", the other not. I'm somewhat confused on that and would love to clear that up.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Cats

• Trade Count: (0)
  • The Science Guy!
    • View Profile
    • Doom C3Airsoft Listing
Re: WileyX SG1 RX
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »

Yeah Revision only does clips, I never used them because of that same reason.

The gasket is a rubber seal that clips onto the interior of the goggles, its the part that makes them full-seal, without it they're just prescription goggles/glasses. People buy replacements because they get lost or if you use them for a long time the rubber collects skin oils and starts to become nasty/worn-out.

http://www.wileyx.com/About/locator/dealer-locator

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »
I understand what gaskets are, I am just confused as to what is being advertised. Is a set of gaskets $110? Then the full set is $135? That doesn't seem quite right. That's what I am confused about.

And by the looks of the link you posted, my local SVS should be able to work.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 12:34:17 PM »
So WAY back in the day I owned a set when they were new at the time. I sold them a few years later. I had nothing but problems with fogging issues enough so that I don't recall that I ever used them in a game successfully;) So not sure if things have changed, or some of the new anti fog wipes and tech can fix that. But at the time I used them, well they fogged worse than anything I've used;)

And I'll say a buddy of mine bought them for riding on his motorcycle at the time since he was running an open face helmet, and he even had some fogging issues on the bike;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
Noted. I really wish there was a more straight forward answer for prescription eyewear.

And like you said, more modern tech/etc might have changed then since, so I will keep digging around on them.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 02:15:10 PM »
Yeah this was no joke back well over 10 years ago, so allot of things have changed not sure if this is one of them or not;)

I think you're best off with contacts if that's an option, that's what I've always done over the years despite still fighting fog issues off and on.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

T6e9a

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2017, 11:48:56 PM »
I will probably support another local(?) guy with ExFog. Might be a better investment than figuring out prescription stuff. And it can be more versatile too.