Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I'm Clueless  (Read 14028 times)

Rekadae

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
I'm Clueless
« on: July 30, 2016, 10:39:55 PM »
So I've recently been watching Airsoft MilSim videos and it's really got me wanting to get into this, My budget is likely going to be around $600 probably about $200 for Gear, so $400 for the AR+Any Accessories. I have no clue what companies are good, what rifles are reliable, I've been looking around and it seems that I'm going to want to look for something that is full metal and fully upgradable, any suggestions for a gun? (Already have a Sidearm KWC Smith & Wesson Sigma 40F, Also my POS 330 FPS BW 15 is now fucked and makes some weird noise whenever I try to Shoot )

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Re: I'm Clueless
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 02:08:51 PM »
Are you looking for something to buy and not have to touch or something to upgrade yourself?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 04:06:24 PM »
That's really the question to ask since there are allot of guns that are decent for fairly cheap but may need internal work. Then there are guns like TM that if left alone will run almost forever if fed good BB's etc. So depending on how far into the learning to fix stuff end of things you want to get. You can certainly make a $150 gun into a good gun and save some budget, or get two since for milsim and larger games it's always a good idea to have a backup gun with you. Since you don't want to pay $100+ dollars to get in only to have a problem with your gun 5 minutes into the game. Generally speaking with airsoft it's when not if you'll have problems. TM guns, that when might be 200,000 rounds in. With a clone or less expensive gun that might be 5 rounds or 100,000 without issues, it really depends on how it was put together and how sloppy it is.

Also I'm not sure what a BW 15 is and whether it's worth fixing but it might be, if it's a metal gearbox etc it likely is worth at least correcting whatever broke. You say it's making a noise depends on what type of noise. If it's a click it could just be a bad battery. If it's grindy it's either piston or gear related likely. But it could be allot of things.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Rekadae

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 01:31:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to look into the AR that I have it's a BlackWater 15, can't even seem to find any trade marking on it so I'm likely going to just open it up look into it a little bit, and decide whether or not I want to go into an up-gradable platform, like a G&G, or just jump into a gun like a Are Amoeba Series. Either way I'm looking at about a budget of $400 so for the best optimal performance for a singular gun what should I do?

TauterTwiggy

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2016, 10:58:49 AM »
If your budget is $400 definitely look into a Krytac, they are the best put together guns I've seen and will require very little upgrading to perform well and I love their hopup system.

Rekadae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2016, 02:26:56 PM »
So I've looked into the Krytac, and I'm thinking of going with the $355 MK2 SPR, would this be a good choice for a starter platform?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2016, 02:57:05 PM »
I would say that would be a fine choice but it is a little long for an "only" gun. Let me say you can make it work in CQB and I'm not sure if I'm reading wrong or it just looks weird. It looks like an M16 length barrel but it lists as 16in. which should be m4 length(from memory). Either way I wouldn't normally recommend going past M4 length if you want to do CQB as well as outdoor. Again you can make a longer gun work but it's just a bit more difficult to maneuver and you will whack your barrel on more stuff;) As well when you drop it to a sling it's a bit more prone to snagging the barrel on stuff too.

So I'd say your on the right path but I'd like to know more the type of play your going to use it, and from guys more familiar with Krytac's models if that's actually a 16 and just looks longer to me, of if it's a misprint of the length.

Luke

Rekadae

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2016, 04:01:53 PM »
I'm going to be primarily getting into Milsim, and as time goes on I'll obviously expand my arsenal of guns when my budget allows for it. Currently I'm looking at more outdoor play than indoor so I think the gun should be fine. it has a 15 inch barrel, and in the video review it seems like it's an appropriately sized weapon, plus I'm a pretty big guy, I'm 6'2 and have relatively long arms, my playstyle is more of a accuracy>rush type of style. Not necessarily sniper-like because I want to actually have some action instead of sitting around not shooting anybody. So on top of that, getting into Milsim now that the Gun is covered, should I be looking at a Plate Carrier, BDU's - Woodland, a Radio, Helmet, Goggles, and mask? Assuming there's a basic Milsim start reccomendation and I don't want to be substantially undergeared to where it's not as enjoyable as it should be. Trying to gather enough money to be able to be ready for Operation Irene in Detroit.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2016, 06:49:57 PM »
Well milsim wise your going to need stuff based on what sort of event it is there is some cross over but general stuff you will need.

Plate carrier or vest, some means to carry mags. You'll also need some mid caps since most milsim events require them. BDU's I'd pick up some woodland on the general idea that it's a cheap commonly available camo. But allot of milsim require specific camo. So for instance I just bought tri color desert BDU's because of the upcoming OP Irene in October requires my team to wear them. I don't need them for anything else really, and they won't blend well here. But I needed them to match team so I bought them. That's why I wouldn't get too tied to getting BDU's right now, buy something that will work for most events, then buy what you need to for specific events. Radio is a good idea, I just ordered a Baofeng UV-5R from recommendations all over, though smaller games I've found often others don't run radio's. Milsims I expect most do, but it may vary on who is organizing and how in depth it is. Helmet is a good idea in general, though that said in woodland environment you may find it less useful than a boonie hat. Generally a helmet is great in CQB and the like, but it depends on your play style how prone to whacking your head you are, but I wouldn't discourage a helmet but a boonie is lighter, less hot etc. Goggles for sure, up to you but I've recently become a fan of goggles with a built in fan, they aren't very common but after many years of fogging issues they have solved that problem for me. So I'd give them a nod, whatever you use make sure it's full seal and ANSI certified. Mask wise another I'd highly recommend, in my opinion only second to goggles in equipment. I like the mesh masks I buy them then modify the shape so they actually fit my face comfortably. I can't tell you how many times I see guys complain they aren't wearing them because they aren't comfortable. Then I ask them if they adjusted it, and only get a puzzled look. It's metal mesh and quite pliable, bend it to fit your shape of your face and head and it will be tons more comfortable than stock. I'm not sure what they use for a mold but it certainly isn't shaped like my head;)

On Irene that's the op I'm prepping for, but beware when registration closes you can't get in. So if your goal is Irene I'd get your registration paid sooner than later to make sure you get a slot. I know it's a good chunk of change and it's early but I suspect registration will close pretty soon from what other guys are telling me.

Take care!

Luke

Oh and on Irene depending on the team you need pick camo based on that;)

GoogGun

• View Profile
    • Goog Gun
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2017, 01:06:34 PM »
Good advice here!
Whose is Goog Gun...? Google it.. ;)