Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Should I flat hop?  (Read 14871 times)

Ajax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Should I flat hop?
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:34:55 PM »
I've recently been getting into the tech side of airsoft, and during my research I learned about different kinds of hop ups. I've become interested in trying out flat hopping and was looking for advice. It looks relatively easy to do but I was curious to know if any of you recommend it (or don't).

What are some good quaility bucking/nubs that I could use to flat hop? I was looking at the Prometheus nub and bucking, but I heard bad reviews about their bucking.

Finally, does anyone recommend a particular video/article about flat hopping?

Thanks
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Should I flat hop?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2015, 04:16:52 AM »
Flat hopping is definitely one of the easier hop up modifications.
It's a good mod to start out with, and if you ever end up R-hopping, your bucking will already be good for it.

I have had minimal experience with moundless buckings, and what I have played with, wasnt all too great. Fitment and airseal issues. Was with some grey bucking, I don't remember the brand.

I've found great success with G&G green buckings.

I would say it's performance is better than stock(I'm sure many others will agree), so it is worth doing.
And I wouldn't bother with premade nubs either; pink eraser works just fine with a little bit of custom fitting.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Ajax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2015, 08:57:10 AM »

And I wouldn't bother with premade nubs either; pink eraser works just fine with a little bit of custom fitting.
Really? But wouldn't the bbs degrade the eraser?
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

Zinger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 11:01:42 AM »
No, you'll be fine, the hop up rubber will protect the eraser from wear.
Alex
Ares M110 ~ KWA M1911 MKII

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 11:04:03 AM »
I'm not sure on flat hops, I've reverted to them a few times when having trouble rhopping. Thus far my experiences say that rhop is more consistent at least from what I've been seeing. Range absolute looks to be close but not quite as far as an rhop and requires allot more pressure to get hop. So I'd say it's between a normal bucking and an rhop in results.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2015, 03:03:10 AM »
I just completed a r hop about 3 weeks ago. I purchased the z kit that has 3 different sizes and I found it to be pretty easy to do. The gluing was the only issue I had but I made it work in the end. After about 750 shots the rubber started to settle in and I am getting pretty nice results now. The first 500ish shots were ok but not great but as I shoot more they are settling down pretty nicely and I have noticed a increase in my effective range using .32 bbs.

link to Z kit I purchased.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Airsoft-Upgrade-R-Hop-Z-kit-with-M-Nub-Free-US-Shipping-/141624376994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20f9787ea2