Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Want to upgrade my sniper  (Read 7773 times)

ahugeant

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
Want to upgrade my sniper
« on: August 25, 2015, 10:52:09 PM »
I have a bolt action sniper which I love to use but it gets out ranged and out performed my others snipers. In shot I was wondering were I should go to get my gun upgraded, I would do it myself but I don't have the experience yet. So if anyone has a place that is good at it or is able to do it let me know.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Gimpalong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
Re: Want to upgrade my sniper
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »
You're going to have to provide us with a bit more information.

What type of sniper rifle do you own? There are a lot of different sniper rifle manufacturers and they are not all cross-compatible, so we need to know the brand of your rifle in order to recommend upgrades.

The fundamental truth about airsoft sniper rifles is that small upgrades in performance frequently cost a lot of money. To go from a sniper rifle capable of shooting accurately at 100' to a rifle capable of shooting accurately at 150' is really no big deal, but once you start reaching out to the 200', 250', 300' ranges you start to see diminishing returns on the amount of money invested.

My advice to you would be to adapt your tactics to suit your rifle rather than trying to upgrade your rifle to suit a new set of tactics.

Two people you may want to get in touch with are Mosin (http://www.miairsoft.org/index.php?action=profile;u=4) or Deputy865 (http://www.miairsoft.org/index.php?action=profile;u=111). Both know a lot about sniping and upgrading sniper rifles.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Want to upgrade my sniper
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 01:12:21 PM »
Also just my own personal pet peeve much like guys saying they are going to an "airsoft war" for whatever reason guys referring to bolt action rifles as a "sniper" rather than a "sniper rifle" just rubs me raw. Nearly as much as guys calling a desert eagle a "deagle" or other things along those lines. The sniper is the guy behind the rifle not the rifle itself. And even further in airsoft while we might be snipers it's pretty loose terms for the capability we've actually got even with the best guns upgraded and ready to go.

Like mentioned above most bolt guns take allot of upgrades to get to a decent level, and a heck of allot of time. Upgrading airsoft guns to shoot more accurately is in my opinion often more about time then money but both play a role. We're going to need to know what rifle it is though or we won't have a clue, right now we don't know if it's spring, gas, HPA etc. Now what brand it is, all the parts vary gun to gun and what needs to be upgraded.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"