Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PSA. Scammer in the area.  (Read 4072 times)

Spear

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
PSA. Scammer in the area.
« on: August 27, 2015, 11:31:25 AM »
Recently on Reddit a user by the name of /u/woodbattery was accused of stealing people's guns in trades. They would ship out the stuff they agreed to trade to him, and he would say he did the same but convieniently "lose" the tracking information. His end of the trade would never arrive at it's destination. Reason I'm bringing this up is because this person is apparently a habitual scammer, and lives in Toledo.

SO. If you see anybody in Toledo selling a JG AUG A3, KWA 1911 MKII, TM G36C or a CA M15A4 (other than kjones' thread), it's sketchy and possibly stolen. If you know /u/woodbattery, I ask that you request that they return the stuff they've stolen. I'd post the link to the Reddit thread, but it contains pesonal information about this person, and I don't want a massive witch hunt to happen. If the mods approve it I'll link it.

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Re: PSA. Scammer in the area.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2015, 11:57:40 AM »
Thanks for the heads up. My CA m16 is sold and gone now so thats all clear.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2015, 02:09:03 PM »
I don't have a problem with posting the link, though I don't speak for all of the mods. I wouldn't mind a PM with more information though I might be able to dig up something useful or at least maybe get some more information to watch for.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Spear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 05:41:30 PM »
Sent you a message Luke.

Here's the link to the thread if anybody wants it. OP deleted the links to the imgur albums containing personal information on the guy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/airsoftmarket/comments/3ij6ar/psa_uwoodbattery/

Zaku

• Seig Zeon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 11:47:36 PM »
If I remember correctly, if he/she stole your gun, if ithe total amount is at least $500 and you have his/her address, the cops can take legal action against them. i would need to talk to my dad's lawyer/friend about a case like this and post more info if that helps.