Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quarantine Builds and Acquisitions  (Read 19605 times)

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
Certified Externals Whore.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Quarantine Builds and Acquisitions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 07:13:07 PM »
I dig it, I hate the stock on the first one but that's probably because I have the same stock;) I ended up pulling it and replacing it. It's got decent capacity but I just don't care for it in use;)

My gear wise honestly hasn't changed in a couple years, though maybe this is the year I get back to doing something other than work;)

That said I dig the new stuff;)

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2021, 10:13:48 PM »
The patriot stock is interesting. With the polymer front end and hollow suppressor, the PCC is quite back heavy. My initial thought was that I wanted it to have a really tight to the body CQB profile. Time will tell how it performs. I have a couple other PDW and brace style stocks I can use, but for me, sleek and simple won the day on this one.
Certified Externals Whore.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 04:04:49 PM »
Agreed it's super heavy for what it is, which isn't a terrible thing I had the same idea for my little stubby m4 build. That said I went to a normal stock, then a side folder and it became more of a pistol, then I built an actual m4 pistol etc. Right now the stubby is down with either a stripped gear or piston haven't torn it apart to figure out the failure yet. That said my son generally uses it and we didn't play this winter. So one of these days I'll tear into it and figure out what happened. But with him using it I've kinda fiddled with what stock fits him actually thinking about it that may be the stock that is on there again;)

It's not bad, it's honestly just a hair shorter than I'd like but I'm also pretty big at 6'2 so that plays a role. The theory is good just not sure the actual function is there. I think my favorite was the side folder functionally, but battery storage was the issue there, I built a 3d printed battery box for it that fit within that stock but at the time honestly I wasn't very good with CAD by contrast. So likely I'll redo that one of these days and retro fit back to the side folder with an 11.1v lipo and once I rebuild the box I'll toss in a high torque neo motor and make a semi fast shooting lower FPS platform out of it.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"