Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New "Poor Man's" Chrono (Chrono Connect)  (Read 8625 times)

TheItalynStalyn

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
New "Poor Man's" Chrono (Chrono Connect)
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:36:01 AM »
Hello all!

Like many of you players without access to a true chronograph, I tried messing around with the coke can, shooting pieces of paper, etc. but to no avail. However after a lot of digging around I found a phone application that is available for android and IOS devices called Chrono Connect. This app uses your phone's microphone to pick up peak sounds of when the gun is fired and when the bb hits your target, in addition to distances that you enter for your specific range scenario to accurately (?) determine your FPS.

I have used it after playing around with it last night and only had a variation of 9fps with my AEG after shooting ~50 shots.

So I was wondering if anyone with access to a real Chrono could verify the accuracy of this app as a budget friendly Chrono. If you have trouble with the setup of the app feel free to leave a reply in the thread, or send me a PM.

Happy Shooting!

- Tony

BTW I am not affiliated with the app in any way other than my use of it.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:22:08 PM by TheItalynStalyn »

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: New "Poor Man's" Chrono (Chrono Connect)
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 08:12:19 PM »
Not sure how I missed this but I'll take a look and see what I can find for ya. Might be a day or two but I'll see.

I built some with sensors and such and never had much luck got tired of wasting time and ended up buying an XCORTECH. Which I will say is great, but I'll compare and see what the results are.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

TheItalynStalyn

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: New "Poor Man's" Chrono (Chrono Connect)
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 03:23:43 PM »
Thanks Luke,

I tried it out, and the app said that my gun was shooting ~340 with .2's, but that was based on the app converting .23g's to .2g. I chrono'd in at the Garret Seaman Memorial and their chrono showed 360 on 1 shot... it could have been an anomoly, but anyways I was thankful that I wasn't playing with MIA engagement limits. (They played with arm's length up to 400fps  :-[).

Unfortunately I only got 1 shot, mixed with error messages and other 330 readings on their chrono, so I am not sure how well it works. And I forgot to go back when the chrono was not busy.

Any further testing and comparing would be greatly appreciated.