Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Indecisive Vic's 'What Handgun? ' Thread! 2015 edition!  (Read 21133 times)

Vic

• Trade Count: (1)
  • He strikes when the iron is hot.
    • View Profile
Re: Indecisive Vic's 'What Handgun? ' Thread! 2015 edition!
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2015, 11:56:15 AM »
Is the KP-05 the hi capa?

And how can I tell if it's single or double stack?

I'm really digging the 07, and if it's double then it should be just as good as the 05 correct?
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2015, 03:32:35 PM »
The KP-05 looks to be double stack, two fairly easy ways to tell look at the mags and see how thick they are. Single stacks are quite thin, less than a half inch thick. Double stacks are nearly twice the thickness. Also the frame on a single stack 1911 is flat, IE front to rear it's a flat slab of metal(or plastic etc). Where the double stacks will always stick out for the extra width required for the thicker mags.

If you look at that image that's a double stack, notice the frame sticks out and it's more pronounced around the mag catch as well the frame has to get allot wider for the mag.

If you look at this one(not airsoft but doesn't matter same rules apply):

The frame is flat as can be front to rear from the dust shield all the way to the grip safety. Also note the grips are very different between the two as well and not compatible.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2015, 05:18:12 PM »
http://www.evike.com/products/30356/ so, this is the KP-05? I see what you're saying, it looks double stack.

The KP-07(  http://www.evike.com/products/32696/ ) however looks to be single stack.

I think I'll go with the Hi capa KP05 then.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2015, 05:21:17 PM »
That's correct, actually on the 07 it says in the first line of the description that it's a single stack, but it's not always that easy;)

But yep looks like the 05 is a double stack gun. Only other thing to be aware of is holster fit, a normal double stack will fit in any normal single stack 1911 rig, but railed guns are a whole other ball of wax. So holster fit for a railed gun will be different and will require a different rig than a standard 1911 holster if it's a molded holster, kydex or leather. For some of the button rigs like the Serpa you'll still likely need a rig for a railed gun though single or double stack shouldn't effect it unless the rig goes high enough to hit that frame width change since the front half of the gun and trigger guard are basically the same.

Luke

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2015, 07:42:35 PM »
So essentially, if I'm getting a serpa, make sure it's designed for a railed 1911. Got it.

As far as fit up by the grip, I guess that's something i need to find out by trying.
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2015, 07:48:41 PM »
Usually you can look at a holster and see how much of the gun it covers and decide if it's going to work, or find someone else who has tried it before.

Most of my knowledge of holsters is leather since I spend all day building holsters for a living, so info on other materials and holsters is either stuff I've learned from being a holster maker and trying things or stuff I've read from other makers of kydex etc.

Take care!

Luke

Vic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »
The KP-05 (the one I own that gets ~2 mags per fill) is a double stack, not a single. I would highly recommend getting the double over the single.

Will you be at no limits on Sunday? The weather looks like it's gonna crap out but even if it does I might just go for the swap meet and i'd like to at least handle the KP-05 before I buy it, possibly shoot it if you're up for that.

Oh, and is it TM based? it I thought I read that but can't find it...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:59:53 AM by Vic »
G&G CM M4
Elite Force Tavor 21

Myers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 05:53:28 PM »
I'm planning on being there if the weather permits. If you wanna fire off a few rounds with it feel free mate. I have plenty of propane but I do not have a fill adapter, so you'll have to find someone there that will let you borrow one for a minute. Yes, it is TM based.