Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How many mags do you carry?  (Read 20171 times)

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: How many mags do you carry?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 02:52:16 PM »
In the few games I have attended this year, I've rarely had to carry more than one or two additional mags, depending on the replica I am using (Bizon for example is a bit more hassle to carry a spare than a kalash).  Due to the nature of REC games with multiple reload times and that I have usually stuck to semi only over the years and a speed loader or two usually lasts me long enough in those situations.

Of course, that has backfired on me before when I neglect to carry a spare magazine and the current game lasts longer than expected.

If I had to be fully loaded for some reason it would probably be between 5-7 magazines,
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 04:05:17 PM »
For my L86A2 I run 4 Hexmags plus a drum mag. Since the damn thing Is basically a DMR on Roids. I can use very minimal ammo. But for my AK kits I use around 8 mags

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2018, 07:32:40 PM »
Normally, I run the standard combat load of 7 primary mags and 3 secondary mags. I’m used to that amount too. I also have a GBBR so I know what it’s like trying to stay low key and be mindful of firing, haha.

At least I'm not alone!  What gbbr do you run?

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2018, 07:34:17 PM »
For my L86A2 I run 4 Hexmags plus a drum mag. Since the damn thing Is basically a DMR on Roids. I can use very minimal ammo. But for my AK kits I use around 8 mags

Seems like you like to run the heavy stuff huh?

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2018, 01:29:05 PM »

It is funny because I'm a skinny guy that runs super heavy guns. I like feeling like the team heavy!

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2018, 04:32:24 PM »

It is funny because I'm a skinny guy that runs super heavy guns. I like feeling like the team heavy!

What AK are you running?

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2018, 03:13:48 PM »

What AK are you running?
I have A CYMA AK74 with a Romanian grip and a bipod on. And I have a AK74SU for my STALKER bandit loadout

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2018, 05:19:01 PM »
I have A CYMA AK74 with a Romanian grip and a bipod on. And I have a AK74SU for my STALKER bandit loadout
[/quote]

I had one of those Romanians back in the day.  I haven't really had a good AEG in a while.  I've always preferred the m4 paltform, hence the GHK M4 and not AK.  Maybe I should have one as backup since I usually borrow one if it seems more practical.

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2018, 01:23:42 PM »

I had one of those Romanians back in the day.  I haven't really had a good AEG in a while.  I've always preferred the m4 paltform, hence the GHK M4 and not AK.  Maybe I should have one as backup since I usually borrow one if it seems more practical.
[/quote]
Unrelated, but do you have  the KWA MP7? I've been looking for people to tell me about it. Or maybe you have the VFC Avalon?

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2018, 03:32:19 PM »

Unrelated, but do you have  the KWA MP7? I've been looking for people to tell me about it. Or maybe you have the VFC Avalon?
[/quote]

Like I said, I don't have any AEGs so that's a no on that VFC.  However, I do have a KWA MP7 as a backup to my GHK and love it.  Ran it exclusively for years before getting my GHK without problems.

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2018, 03:53:17 PM »

Like I said, I don't have any AEGs so that's a no on that VFC.  However, I do have a KWA MP7 as a backup to my GHK and love it.  Ran it exclusively for years before getting my GHK without problems.
[/quote]
Do you run it in the Pistol-Ish config or do you run it with the stock extended and the grip up? And I found one on this site is it a good deal? (I go on this site because they have a points system) https://modernairsoft.com/collections/gun-finder-smg-mp7/products/gg-umarex-mp7-rapid-deployment-hard-kick-airsoft
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 03:55:43 PM by AlecBeach »

Phantom G3

• I’m oldschool. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2018, 08:27:48 PM »
Normally, I run the standard combat load of 7 primary mags and 3 secondary mags. I’m used to that amount too. I also have a GBBR so I know what it’s like trying to stay low key and be mindful of firing, haha.

At least I'm not alone!  What gbbr do you run?

I run a heavily upgraded WE Tech M16A3.
Phantom G3 www.miairsoft.proboards.com (old site)