Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Avalon vs. Krytac  (Read 10914 times)

MaxtheNinja

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Avalon vs. Krytac
« on: July 22, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
Almost as infamous as AK vs. M4, but both are m4's.
Let me tell you what I think.
Both are great guns, don't get me wrong, but one stands out.
The krytac LVOA is $430, full metal, and comes with a midcap. It has a mosfet in it, and performs well. Shoots 30rps, and can send bbs down the field 200 ish feet.
The VFC VR16 Avalon however, is $365. It is full metal, and comes with a midcap, it has a factory installed mosfet with burst capability. It also has a factory 1 year warranty so you don't have to worry about anything for a year. It can shoot about 250 feet, and has 30 rps. It has an ambi selector, and mlok or keymod rails.

While I haven't specifically tested both of these guns, from seeing them perform at the field, the avalon performs a bit better than the lvoa, but the things that really set it apart from the LVOA are the 1 year warranty and the burst capability. It also costs almost 100 dollars less. So, if you go avalon, you're getting superior performance, a 1 year warranty, and burst capability for $60 less than a LVOA.

paulschoon

• View Profile
Re: Avalon vs. Krytac
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 01:46:59 PM »
Not to talk bad on Krytac at all they are great guns, but Krytac gears like to offset after some heavy use and you have to open it up and re shim them, the Avalon is running VFC self shimming, so granted you cant really go in to the Avalon and change the shimming but there is no need to because it takes care of it itself. The Avalon its self takes all of VFC's upgraded gearbox parts and it comes stock in the gun, although you can still put better parts in the gun if your looking for something thats worth your money and is going to out perform out of the box the Avalon is the way to go.

MaxtheNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 03:26:44 PM »
Wow, I didn't know all of that... The avalon is definitely better. I was just comparing the performance.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2018, 11:22:57 AM »
For internal parts compatibility and fitment, the Avalon wins out hands download with the closest gearbox to TM spec. All parts in it are compatible with the mass of aftermarket parts, where as Krytacs have issues with aftermarket gears and advanced electronics.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 06:07:01 PM »
I hate the M-lOK and KeyMod. But the performance is there with the Avalon

APOModern

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 06:08:51 PM »
Avalon is slightly better, they have a little bit better performance, but the big thing that makes them stand out is their one year warranty.

paulschoon

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2018, 06:38:27 PM »
The fact that it comes with a year warranty just shows that they are made to last

MaxtheNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2018, 07:35:17 PM »
Yeah, it's got to be, otherwise the one year warranty is stupid.

AlecBeach

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2018, 01:40:16 PM »
The avalon is honestly just a well rounded gun. VFC did an amazing job.

MaxtheNinja

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »
They did, I ended up getting one and man that thing performs well! Better than my buddies krytac for sure. The store I got it from sent me a battery with it too, they have a free mystery gift that they give out with every order, I was lucky that I got a nice addition!
https://modernairsoft.com/collections/vfc-avalon-vr16

sam your

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2018, 02:07:26 PM »
if you ask me i like Krytac a lot more then Avalon because the stuff Krytac sells you lasts a lot longer