Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The SSG24  (Read 22966 times)

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
The SSG24
« on: May 09, 2019, 10:54:39 PM »
I’m looking for any thoughts, opinions, and experiences on the famous Novritsch platform. I’ve been researching it for a while reading reviews, watching videos, etc., and I’m ready to pull the trigger on the investment.

Novritsch now has a US distributor that appears to be located in PA. The buy in price has dropped a little and shipping is a flat $10. So as of the writing of this post a new SSG24 can be had for a measly $485.

At this point my attraction is definitely being able to just pick up and go, almost no tuning should be needed. I don’t have a ton of time to tech things these days and I certainly lack the appropriate space to tune a 300’ ranged gun.

I really like the fact that there are now external parts, body kits, rails, etc., to customize the look. I’ll probably spring for the VFC M40A5 body kit. Live it up!

I’d really like to be on the delivery end of one of these puppies, as opposed to being on the receiving end, which I have. Like I said, feedback and experiences appreciated.
Certified Externals Whore.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: The SSG24
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 05:25:56 PM »
One of the guys I play with got one and I was pretty reasonably impressed with how well it worked. I can't say I could stomach the price but the lack of tuning and accuracy out of the box was pretty dang good. That said it was a little rough with the action compared to a fully tuned bolt gun but it was plenty acceptable. That was when they were new though and I haven't touched/seen one since so things could have very well changed etc.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Troutzor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sprayin' and Prayin' Since 2005.
    • View Profile
The SSG24
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2019, 08:25:32 PM »
I pulled the trigger last night on it and pre-ordered one. They’re supposed to ship by the end of the month. In total $485 delivered, not too shabby. I hope it lives up to the hype.

As for my expectations, my last bolt action was a UTG Master Sniper Gen2. So, it should be easy to impress me.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 08:41:45 PM by Troutzor »
Certified Externals Whore.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: The SSG24
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 03:55:17 PM »
Well and my normal bolt gun is a built TM VSR10 G-Spec, and there isn't much stock anymore on that gun after all the work. But it's got an absolute ton of time and hand work in it, so maybe it's a bit smoother, but from memory I don't recall any real issues with the SSG when I shot it, I felt I could have done pretty much as well running it as my normal VSR.

So I think it will do well for ya.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"