Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: looking of over glasses anti-fog goggles  (Read 10460 times)

sophrocide

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
looking of over glasses anti-fog goggles
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:31:56 PM »
I'm looking for full seal goggles that will not fog and can be worn over prescription glasses. does anyone have any good suggestions?

Cats

• The Science Guy!
    • View Profile
    • Doom C3Airsoft Listing
Re: looking of over glasses anti-fog goggles
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:02:27 AM »

In my experience, when your a glasses guy in airsoft, something ALWAYS fogs. Doesn't matter what you do, because even if everything is perfect it still might rain, change temperature, etc and then either your goggles or glasses fog.

I used to wear thin metal frame prescription glasses, and after trying a lot of different goggles I had the best luck with Arena's Flakjak goggles. Here's some more photos of them being used with glasses: http://www.airsoftarizona.com/index.php?topic=34327.0

Even then I'd highly recommend using McNett's Ops Drops on your goggles and glasses. And carry them with you all the time.

But if you have the money and are serious about airsofting, I would 100% suggest looking into ANSI-rated full-seal prescription safety goggles. I got a pair of these for about $150 a few years back and wished I had done it before even buying my first airsoft gun.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 02:13:37 AM by Cats »

Canto

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • (- -) Herro
    • View Profile
    • Hole in the Wall Paintball
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:15:50 AM »
I'm going to jump on the Arena FlakJak's bandwagon with Cat's here.

Wearing glasses and goggles blows, you always have to worry about fogging normally. If I don't wear my glasses, things at distances are not quite as clear (colors, patterns, movement, etc), which in this game is a bit vital. I've owned a set of FlakJak's for years and 9 times out of 10 I have no issues.

A lot of our past and present team members have them as well, I hear of very few issues.

My only complaint is they are not the most "low profile" of eye protection. But the fact I have few fogging issues, replaceable/swap'able lenses, a flexible frame, and removable air vents I find more than compensates.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:18:49 AM by Canto »

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 01:44:03 PM »
My suggestion would be if possible run contacts for playing airsoft. I have played in glasses in the past and as mentioned it's pretty terrible more often than not. It depends on the site but I've also run mesh goggles over glasses in the past. That won't likely be allowed by most fields but it can be an option pending a few things. One has to be good enough mesh goggles to actually hold up to use, and two your glasses need to be large enough to provide protection from shattered BB's and you still run a small risk that a piece of BB could find it's way into your eye somehow though likely without force.

The best option though is contacts in my opinion, and you still might have fogging issues, I do even just with goggles. But some are better than others when it comes to fogging, even after all these years I've been playing I still mess around allot with trying to get better eyewear that will work better and fog less.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

sophrocide

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2016, 07:56:59 PM »
thank you guys for all the replies. ill share the info with my teammates that are looking for the glasses solution. Also in case any of you are interested my team has been using these (http://www.amazon.com/Pyramex-I-Force-Sporty-Anti-Fog-Goggle/dp/B006WPSELE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00) goggles this season and none of us have had a single fogging issue so far and they seem to be great overall quality.