Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: KWA LM4 as first GBB gun  (Read 8749 times)

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
KWA LM4 as first GBB gun
« on: September 21, 2017, 08:02:23 PM »
I'm quite new to the airsoft scene, only having played a few games with some lower level AEGs. Since it's a bit of a haul to get to any fields (I live in the Tri-City area) I don't play very much except in the summer. I know that GBBRs are best used in the warmer times, and I was wondering if anyone had any first-hand experience with the KWA LM4, in terms of reliability and consistency. I love the idea of having a more realistic platform that can help me train and also have fun. Is this a viable option for me as a beginner, and what cost am I potentially looking at for a full setup?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: KWA LM4 as first GBB gun
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 10:16:48 PM »
I'm curious about this also. I've got zero gbb rifle experience and have stayed away because of weather issues. But I'm curious how the newer stuff does in our climate.

Luke

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Gabriel

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:18:48 AM »
This is my first post in a LONG time, but as for how good the LM4 is, it is as good as you are willing to put into it.  Understand that you will not be mag dumping very often, especially in sub 60 degree weather.  Understand that you will, for the most part, be outgunned by a moderately teched AEG. And understand that you will have half the ammo at triple the weight.  If you can accept all this (which I reccomend, I loved my LM4), it is a fun as hell gun to use.  There was a thread on the old MiA board that had a list of all of the recommended mods out of the box for an LM4.  See if you can get a hold of Mosin, he had a ton of great work on his and it was nearly a 100 yard tack driver.

Centurion

• Trade Count: (1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 04:42:13 PM »
Do you know how much money you spent to start out, or how much Mosin did to maximize his? I know these are really specific questions, but I need to make my budget soon if I'm gonna head down this gas gun route.

Gabriel

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 10:59:00 AM »
Going off memory, it wasn't a whole lot in mods. Maybe $100. Most of it was just tweaking the hop up and stuff like that. It's been a few years, so I don't remember much. There should be a thread here with all the recommended mods for it.