Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: VFC 416 battery Li-Po suggestion?  (Read 16723 times)

Frag3K

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
VFC 416 battery Li-Po suggestion?
« on: April 17, 2015, 06:05:49 PM »
I'm thinking of switching to Li-Po, but my caveat is that I'd like the battery to fit into the HK stock. Stock pouch isn't out of the question but I'm a clutz and would probably damage a cell. Does anyone have any suggestions? Mainly looking for a trigger response and battery life.
VFC HK 416 LE
G&G CM16 Raider L
Marushin 5-7
KWA USP

Knief

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
Re: VFC 416 battery Li-Po suggestion?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:39:32 PM »
I have a VFC 416 and I run this pack in the stock:

http://www.eliteairsoftbatteries.com/products/242-newelite-airsoft-red-1100-3s-111v-30c-lipo-stick-battery-pack.aspx

If you don't already have a LiPo charger, I and a lot of other players love the Thunder AC6 charger:

http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html?gclid=CJqv5tv2_sQCFQuNaQodjVEA8Q

It'll do every battery you could ever want to use in airsoft.  It's a little tricky to learn, but the manual is pretty helpful.  Once you get the hang of the menu system, it stops being so daunting.  If you need a charger, this is the one to get.

Frag3K

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2015, 11:54:41 PM »
Awesome, thank you for the heads up. I'm assuming you're running the battery in the buffer tube?
VFC HK 416 LE
G&G CM16 Raider L
Marushin 5-7
KWA USP

Knief

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 12:22:04 AM »
Yeah, absolutely.  I don't know if any common airsoft lipo is small enough to fit in the stock compartments.  They're sized for 2/3A cells, which are pretty small.  The lipo fits in the buffer tube perfectly, though, and with room to collapse all the way as long as your route your wires carefully.

Knife

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 10:21:38 AM »
I've always run my lipos in the stock tubes rather than the buffer tube. I've never purchased a certain one, but I believe the one linked will fit. Works better than running it in the buffer in my opinion.

Knief

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2015, 10:31:59 AM »
Yeah, I actually bought that one because you had mentioned that it would fit in the stock tube.  It doesn't, but it does fit in the buffer tube so it's no big deal.  VFC updated the 416 at some point and my guess is that they went to a more correctly sized stock, which means it wasn't large enough to fit the lipo in the stock tubes.  As a comparison, my PTW has an oversized crane stock that will fit sub-c cells, but my old G&G M4's stock was smaller and only fit 2/3A.  I'm thinking VFC started with stocks that would fit the larger cells and then switched up for the version 2 416.

[edit] I just double checked.  That lipo does fit in my PTW's stock tubes and does not fit in my VFC 416's stock tubes.  If you wanted to run it in the stock tube, look for a crane stock that will hold sub-c sized cells.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 10:37:41 AM by Knief »

Knife

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2015, 01:10:11 PM »
Yeah, I had a gen 1 VFC 416. It did also fit in a CA M4 that I tried last weekend, but it is Crazyman's old gun, so it is old as hell and things may have changed.

Knief

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2015, 05:54:39 PM »
I was thinking that CA's crane stocks fit (or at least, used to fit) sub-C cells, but I wasn't sure so I didn't want to say.  No idea if they still do, though.

Zzan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 09:49:20 AM »
These are the batteries I use.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__17285__Turnigy_nano_tech_2000mah_2S_15_25C_Lipo_AIRSOFT_Pack.html

The cells fit in the side tubes.  You can also get the same battery from Hobby King with a deans connector already attached instead of a small tamiya connector.
They are only 2s 7.4v though so if you are looking for 3s batteries I don't know if you can get away without putting something in the buffer tube as well.

They do make them with each cell being wrapped individually so that you could put one cell in each side tube and the third in the buffer tube.

Frag3K

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 08:23:54 PM »
Thanks for the info gentlemen, your suggestions have helped greatly!
VFC HK 416 LE
G&G CM16 Raider L
Marushin 5-7
KWA USP