Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MIA PATCH DESIGN 2015  (Read 12996 times)

M.S.-ARC

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
MIA PATCH DESIGN 2015
« on: April 14, 2015, 08:27:49 PM »
As you guys now know we have moved to a community owned private (off pro-boards) forum which will be the new official home for our community.  This patch design competition is to raise awareness of the new site as well as raise some funds to maintain the new site.  Some of the members and mods have already spent their own money to get this site started but in order to keep it going we need to raise some funds to ensure that this goes on for years to come.  Knowing our community, I'm sure this is something that we can easily get done. By participating in this competition and purchasing a patch, you will essentially own a piece of the new forum.

Its time to get the 2015 patch design started.  Here are a few guidelines and due dates as you get started:

All designs must be submitted VIA PM to M.S.-ARC so that the designer stays anonymous.  Upload your design online to a site like imgur and send me the link.  Also let me know what size the patch is.  DO NOT POST YOUR DESIGN.  I will post them for you.

We want the contest to be about the design and not a popularity contest because of the designer.

DESIGN REQUIREMENTS:

The 2015 patches are to have a design both in OD and in TAN only (Same design, two colors).

Keep the shapes simple in order to keep the production costs down.

Minimize the amount of different colors used in order to keep the production costs low.

ALL designs are to have the words “MICHIGAN AIRSOFT” and the web site for our new forums:  “www.miairsoft.org”

These patches will be embroidered and have a merrowed edge so keep that in mind as you design.

Submissions that do not meet these minimum requirements will not be accepted.

TIMELINE:

You can start submitting your designs to me until April 30 11:59pm which gives us almost two weeks to get a variety of designs.  After May 1 we will set up the patch voting procedures to select the winning design.

PATCH SELECTION:

The submitted designs will be voted on by the MIA community similar to what we did for the last patch.  http://miairsoft.proboards.com/board/106/michigan-airsoft-patch-voting

The winner will receive one free patch in a color of their choosing as well as a year long pass to all airsoft events at Hole in the Wall Paintball (special thanks to Canto & Hole in the Wall Paintball).

Again the proceeds from the 2015 patches will go towards the costs of running and maintaining our new forum www.miairsoft.org which will be owned by the MIA community.  We will no longer have to comply with uneducated rules and restrictions and we will have a fully functional commerce section as well.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 08:59:46 PM by M.S.-ARC »

M.S.-ARC

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
Re: MIA PATCH DESIGN 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 10:52:12 PM »
Still looking to get submissions before the deadline.

M.S.-ARC

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 09:25:11 PM »
Per suggestion of the mods, we are extending the deadline for submissions.

Tank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2015, 10:36:30 PM »
To what date?  I didn't get a hold of Alex until it was too late, but if he now has more time, I'll let him know.

M.S.-ARC

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2015, 08:42:00 AM »
Don't really have a timeline in mind.  The sooner the better really just so we have choices.

Monk

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2015, 03:18:22 PM »
Just wondering if a patch is going to be made soon? The last patch had good colors and design (except for it falling apart easily) but maybe just put the year in one of the corners to make things kind of different from the last one.

Troubadour

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Bastard's seXO
    • View Profile
    • Troubadour's Website
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2015, 03:42:09 PM »
Was this already selected? I would like to make the winning submission.
Bastard's Airsoft XO, Event Host, and  all around terrible person.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2015, 03:51:38 PM »
Not selected yet, guys have been busy so there hasn't been very many submissions yet. I think the current plan is just to wait until we've got some options to vote on before going forward.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

M.S.-ARC

• Global Moderator
  • Old school member
  • Hellfish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2015, 10:42:52 AM »
Could still use some design submissions. Keys see what you guys have.