Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OP: Trident 7/25/15 @TCP Paintball in Charlotte  (Read 23264 times)

Snarf

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
Re: OP: Trident 7/25/15 @TCP Paintball in Charlotte
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2015, 08:53:24 PM »
If you could post a link to the photo album or something that would be great too. Also, I lost a tan stock butt pad.

Puma1

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2015, 10:18:00 PM »
I stepped up as CO mainly because no one else seemed to want to do it.  I personally feel as if this was a mistake since I had never been on this field and had literally no experience as anything other than a squad leader.  I'd like to apologize to the green team for my inability to lead you guys.

As for the actual OP, it was about what I expected going into the event.  Abbot did a good job at briefing getting everyone together and out onto the field.  For his first event hosting, I'd say it was (overall) a success.  (More in depth segment on gameplay at the bottom)

As for the field and it's layout: Screw that.  This field is 100% set up for paintball and I don't think it will ever be useable for anything other than medium/close quarter combat scenario games.  Choke points are everywhere and the inability to flow from one side to the other makes taking the city (or taking the mounds) impossible.  However, this field is set up very well for the games we played later in the day: Quick paced, objective style games. 

Personally, I say that the future of this field is mainly in smaller scenario type games or simple TDM style rec games.  I'd also say that the field itself needs to be clear of the hazards outlined above by guts.

Onto the gameplay: Communication all around could have been better.  Objectives themselves were kind of ran through very briefly.  Unfortunately a lot of our failure to complete objectives was on me and how the field was designed.  When we are told to defend a bridge and we can only do it from the side tan is attacking from things are very tricky.  We couldn't spawn on the other side due to the paintballers playing and we couldn't spawn in the area of the bridge without getting hit before we even had a chance.  Were both sides open I feel that would have been a much more even battle.

Also, the layout of the mounds/the village is a lot of fun.  They allow for shooting alley's over ~ 200 ft long all the way done to pistol range.  I think this village would be a great place to host some 10 on 10 games or something of the sort. 

Final thoughts:
  37 bug bites I can count - really shitty on that part, especially when the only place to go was either off the field to sit down or straight into tan's city (mounds were being used for paintball).  I showered in bug spray and it only gave me about 15 minutes worth of protection due to the heat and sweat.
  Next time, I'd recommend starting green and tan on opposite ends of the forrest.  That way the city (and mounds)  can be actively fought for rather than simply attacked/defended.  Green never held the city simply because tan started in it, they were larger and (even through Abbot's efforts to get us to Flank them worked out well for a while there.)
  As ZZan pointed out - Safety and Briefing were two things that bugged me. I already know that will improve just because of the feedback given on this thread.

All in all, it was a good first event for Abott.  I'd like to say it would be much easier to get me to come out again if we were playing for longer than 5 or 6 hours though.

Thank you Abbot!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:21:00 PM by Puma1 »
King Arms 'CQB' M4 -- King Arms 20" DMR -- King Arms 16" Rifle.
M81, Digital Marpat and Multicam.

My Buy/Sell ratings from 'old' MIA

Combat Junkies Airsoft

• Combat Junkies Squad leader and co-founder
    • View Profile
    • Combat Junkies Airsoft
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »
Some drone footage.     Edit:  link to pictures http://www.ntcook.com/optrident.html

« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 11:41:21 PM by Combat Junkies Airsoft »

firstfire11

• View Profile
Lost and Found For the event
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 04:31:42 PM »
Late reply. Found a couple items from the event that their owners may want back.
if any of these are your items, then please EMAIL me at lansing.tcpaintball.chris@gmail.com

Baofeng radio

yellow mechanix glove

tan hat

swiss arms pistol holster

Black underarmour head cover

No mags were found yet. anything new will be posted here and updated.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 04:33:11 PM »
The glove, balaclava, and hat are mine.
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Shep

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 06:13:12 PM »
If any one wants to look at the pictures that Combat Junkies took. check out our facebook and give it a like. thanks.
www.facebook.com/combatjunkiesairsoft

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 11:33:49 AM »
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."