Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OP Lion claws gear suggestions  (Read 14148 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
OP Lion claws gear suggestions
« on: August 12, 2016, 12:50:08 PM »
Well guys getting ready for Lion Claws I've been running into a couple things I'm looking for gear wise and either can't find what I want and would like some suggestions. This may help other guys who are reading or looking for the same thing. But I plan this to be a running thread where I can put a post up if I can't find what I want and get some suggestions from everyone.

So today I started looking at helmet lights, IE dead lights or friendly lights. I roll an old school protac helmet from way back in the day but I've got the ability to mount just about anything I need to it via either velcro or building kydex adapters to attach it. But I can't seem to find red and green smaller battery powered lights. I've seen some older video's with E-Lite's and such but can't seem to find them available anymore. As well I found Rayovac electronic chem lights on ebay, but they seem large.

So rather than guess and test, I'm hoping you guys have some suggestions on small helmet mountable lights for showing I'm dead in the dark or allowing other guys to know I'm alive on my team etc. Price, well cheaper would be better since I'm on a pretty small budget. Backup plan is chem lights but I'd rather buy something electric I can turn on and off, since otherwise I've got to hide the chemlight somewhere during the rest of the time.

Thanks!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Squib

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: OP Lion claws gear suggestions
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 09:24:37 AM »
I found this light on evike.com. If you look around you can find other colors. They are under other patches.

http://www.evike.com/products/56349/

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 10:00:07 AM »
Thanks allot;) That's pretty much what I was looking for, my only complaint thus far is price and I know $10 isn't crazy high but I look at these things and I see something that coming from China should cost $1 shipped;)

But that said now I've got a target so to speak and some terminology to go along with it. Which should make my search a little easier as well. But worst case now I've got an option and I'm likely going to have to order from Evike before the game anyways so thanks very much I appreciate it!

Luke

EDIT: Ordered one of these this morning I'm going to fiddle with it, price was right and I dig the size. One of the complaints I've had with some others I've found is size, I want something small and can stay out of the way. These will require a bit of fiddling to make work but I can always build a little kydex enclosure with hook and loop on it and then be able to replace the device itself or the batteries.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/282113248893?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=581072604403&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 10:25:53 AM by luke213 »

Squib

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 11:39:50 AM »
Jeez that price is good. Just figure out a way to mount it and you're set

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2016, 11:43:20 AM »
Well I've gotta get it in hand and see how it's activated. If it's just twist activation then I may have to build up a switch which isn't a big deal since I've got plenty of those sitting around. But ideally I won't modify the device itself much if at all.

For attachment my current plan is just to lay a piece of kydex over it and get a tight overmold with flat around it. Then trim it to slightly larger than the unit itself. Then use adhesive velcro hook on the whole bottom so it's easy to stick to things. Oh and since I forgot, for letting the light out I plan to drill one or more holes through the kydex to let the light out.

All of that though is speculation until I get it in hand but I think it might be a good cheap option but we'll see;)

Squib

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 11:56:28 AM »
In the description it says as the bicycle wheel starts to move the thing will start to flash so maybe it's motion activated. So you may have to rig it in some way so you can control when the light turns on and off.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2016, 11:57:49 AM »
I was wondering about that too, I didn't notice that but I was thinking about activation method. If it's movement then I'll have to solder in a switch of some sort or bypass. Either way we'll see when I get it in hand and how it's built out then see how to put it all together. It might be a wash but for a buck I'm willing to see how it shakes out;)

Squib

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2016, 12:35:34 PM »
Yeah keep me updated because if it works out that's a steal.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2016, 12:37:48 PM »
Will do I figured I'd run into several things like this while getting my loadout ready for this game, so I'll document anything like this I come across in this thread. Hopefully it helps some other guys that run into the same questions or issues;)

Luke