Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any decent sniper rifles for under $450?  (Read 9493 times)

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Any decent sniper rifles for under $450?
« on: September 02, 2015, 05:11:58 PM »
I am kinda out of the loop of anything airsoft related for the last 2 or 3 years. I know in the past to have a good sniper rifle you needed to buy a $400 gun then spend another $400 in upgrades. My buddy asked me for help picking out a gun but I don't really know what to say. He has expressed interest in this gun http://www.evike.com/products/30037 . from what I have read it is previously made by ares. So my question is, are there any sniper rifles out there that preform good right out of the box for under $450? He is open to spring or gas. Thanks for the help.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: Any decent sniper rifles for under $450?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 12:01:49 AM »
I'm not familiar with much stock that is worth a dang for rifles. You can build a bar10 based gun fairly inexpensively now that should perform well. But your going to sink allot of time in tuning. My tm vsr10 is a budget build and has allot more time than money invested but as it stands I'm well under $450 including the base gun in it and I've got confirmed kills slightly past 100 yards.

I'd say biggest question is how much of a project he wants to build. If he wants something out of the box honestly I don't have a clue;)

Luke

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

kjones734

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 03:37:09 AM »
He is the kind of guy that wants it good to go right out of the box.

luke213

• Administrator
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 04:17:59 AM »
Understand I'll keep an eye out only thing I can think decent out of the box right now is the tm but of course it's not got the velocity to handle super long range nor heavier ammo.

I'll keep an eye out if I read or hear anything, hopefully someone else will have better news for ya;)

Take care

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

SkyPilot

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 12:09:18 AM »
KJW M700 series will get your going for around $400.

Rifle $250
Tight bore $70
few mags $60-70
total $390-400

This is a gas gun, if you are open to gas then you understand the problems, cold weather issues, leaky mags (if not cared for properly), and inconsistent fps.  Otherwise it's awesome!  Just ask the old timers about SkyPilot and his m700. :)

Chase

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2015, 04:30:42 PM »
I recently purchased a nice King Arms Kalashnikov SVD for 170 over at futureball. It's full metal for the receiver's, dust cover and barrel. It was quite nice out of the box, with decent range and power (but not outstanding). It's not the easiest gun to upgrade I understand (lots of weird parts), but basics like springs, motors and barrels as far as I can tell are fairly straight forward.