Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AR 500 armor ?  (Read 13229 times)

Dime

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
AR 500 armor ?
« on: May 05, 2015, 05:10:33 PM »
 I am thinking about purchasing an AR500 plate carrier,and was wondering if anyone has any experience with them or any input?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:01:44 PM by Dime »

Psychosis

• View Profile
Re: AR 500 armor ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 11:49:30 PM »
I ordered some plates towards the end of March - I emailed them twice asking for updates, and have not received any kind of response yet. YMMV.

Psychosis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »
Just got my shipping notification today for the plates.

As for plate carrier, what kind of PC are you looking for? What role do you see yourself playing in the game? Do you prefer to roll light or heavy? I don't know that I would recommend one of their generic plate carriers (looks like Condor), the Banshee gets pretty good reviews and provides good value.

Dime

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2015, 05:14:52 PM »
 I decided to purchase the AWS operators choice. I found the AR500 is for sure a Condor rebrand,but will still be purchasing armor from them in the future. I'd love to here your thoughts on the plates when you receive them.

Connors

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »
I seriously doubt they are a re-brand as all their gear is logo'ed with their company logo on it and it's a lot more costly than condor. THeir PC's seem nice but I haven't bought one yet. I did buy a set of their plates and they are pretty nice for the cost. I'd have no reason to suspect them to be up to something shady like rebranding. 
SFOD's resident  Coastie, Scout, Crowd favorite and subject of all sausage jokes.
BM3, US Coast Guard
Currently serving at Aids to Navigation team, Detroit.
Previously served aboard USCGC Waesche and USCGC Anacapa.

Dime

• View Profile

Psychosis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 05:55:32 PM »
I seriously doubt they are a re-brand as all their gear is logo'ed with their company logo on it and it's a lot more costly than condor. THeir PC's seem nice but I haven't bought one yet. I did buy a set of their plates and they are pretty nice for the cost. I'd have no reason to suspect them to be up to something shady like rebranding.

http://www.ar500armor.com/urban-go-plate-carrier-coyote.html

http://www.lapolicegear.com/tg-cpc-compact-carrier.html