Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: G&G M4 Dry Firing  (Read 7284 times)

Richard Ghekiere

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
G&G M4 Dry Firing
« on: September 21, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »
I'm new to AEG's and need some troubleshooting help.

I have a slightly used G&G M4 Combat machine that everything appears to work correctly except a bb does not come out of the barrel. The battery is charged, the magazine is full of bb's, the magazine bottom dial to load the bb's has tension. When I pull the trigger it sounds like it should except it does not shoot a BB. If I pull the trigger 30 times it might shoot one BB.

How can I fix this? Thank you for your help. 

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
Re: G&G M4 Dry Firing
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 10:27:37 AM »
I'd look at the hopup assembly likely something going on there either a torn hopup bucking or something misaligned. Another possibility is a broken tappet plate, which would cause the nozzle not to move into position properly.

Take the upper receiver off the gun, pull the barrel assembly and take a look down it for obstructions. Turn the hopup dial completely off and take a look if anything looks out of place or impeding the BB path.

On the tappet/nozzle with the upper off dry fire the gun and look at the nozzle and make sure it's moving front to rear on each cycle. You can also do this with the gun assembled by looking into the feed tube to see if it's moving properly.

I'd say it's more than likely one of the two causing issues start there and report back what you find out.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"