Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wolverine Inferno Inconsistency  (Read 12930 times)

zephurah

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Wolverine Inferno Inconsistency
« on: March 25, 2016, 10:18:02 PM »
Hey everyone,

It's probably something stupid that i'm looking over, but my newly purchased Wolverine inferno is madly inconsistent.

So here's the issue. Whenever I shoot, the gun either extremely overhops, underhops to the point where it dives into the ground after ~50 feet. Or, it will curve left or right with no pattern. The issue is, that this is with the same r-hopped hopup-barrel assembly that with my AEG lower on the same upper, shoots ~230 feet with laser accuracy.
By the way, I use .25's and .32's when testing, both have the same effect.

I've adjusted the dwell, and the PSI, checked every seal inside the unit itself for leaks, made sure that the reg was cleaned and that the seals inside were proper and lubed. I also made sure that the nozzle wasn't being restricted in the hop up, and that the mating between the nozzle head and the bucking was proper.

If you have any suggestions or thoughts please tell, i'm completely stumped.

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Wolverine Inferno Inconsistency
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 02:37:18 AM »
Do you have a silencer or pronged flash hider? Doubt thats the issue, but something to take a quick look at.

Also, is the barrel/hop assembly properly spaced back against the HPA lower's gearbox? Either by spring or preferably O-rings(size 8 IME)

Also, is there any chance the gearbox might be slightly misaligned?
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 08:36:56 AM »
Sounds like you could have oil or dirt in your barrel.

Try shooting a few rounds off while looking at the regulator, is the psi the same for each shot? Could be a failing regulator. But this would not explain left of right hooking. Inconsistant power should only effect vertical.

Make sure the end of the barrel dont have a small burr thats catching the bb as it leaves.

Since you moved the barrel from one gun to another you could have accidenly bent the barrel. Pull it out and roll it accross a flat surface like a counter top and see if it bends up in the middle.

My money is on a dirty barrel.

zephurah

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 03:11:29 PM »
I should check spacing, but it should be fine. Also, I just checked the barrel, shot it with the aeg lower, and then with the hpa lower,  and it was fine with the aeg lower, but the moment that I tried the hpa lower, all the problems continued. Also, the regulator was providing consistent psi as I was shooting. I made sure to test with different bbs that had been cleaned, and different psi values.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Franchise

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 10:33:15 AM »
What is your hop up bucking? I have a wolverine inferno, with an r-hopped barrel. The inferno being an open bolt system requires a very hard sturdy bucking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ICS M4 DMR with Wolverine Inferno
ICS MP5-Pro with Wolverine Inferno
KJW Sig P229
Galaxy MP5K

zephurah

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 07:01:22 PM »
It's a ZCI, that actually would sense now that I think about it. What bucking do you have?

zephurah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 05:29:05 PM »
I seemed to have solved the problem. The issue was that the bucking wasn't restricting the bb's enough, so they would get forced into the barrel different amounts every shot. I just put teflon tape around the bucking to tighten it down, and it works perfectly now.