Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Quick Oakley M-Frame Question  (Read 7898 times)

Zinger

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Quick Oakley M-Frame Question
« on: September 25, 2015, 08:47:00 AM »
Hey there guys, I've been looking to get a new pair of sunglasses, and so far my top option are the Oakley M-Frame 3.0 or whatever, link here (http://www.evike.com/products/46996/) for reference. The thing I'm worried about is that I can't really tell if the smoke lenses are polarized or not. The features list states "Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry" which to me sounds like they are polarized.

Some people I talked to either don't really know, or care, and others have said they are not to be compatible with some of the technology used by the military. I don't know how true that is, but it's a big deal to me because I plan to use these both for my range glasses and flying glasses. The aircraft I fly uses a glass cockpit and if you wear polarized glasses the screens will be a blank white. Great for practicing equipment failures, but not so great when trying to shoot an approach to get back on the ground. Haha. Any clarification on this would be super helpful. Thanks.

PS. If anyone can or knows someone who might be able to re-thread an outer barrel for me, let me know as well.
Alex
Ares M110 ~ KWA M1911 MKII

Zzan

• View Profile
Re: Quick Oakley M-Frame Question
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 09:03:04 AM »
Polarization presents issues when trying to view heads up displays and LCD screens.  I do not believe the standard lenses are polarized.  I am sure you can buy some aftermarket lenses that are polarized if you desire though they will probably not be ANSI rated for use for airsoft.

Polaric Ellipsoid has to do with the geometry of the lenses not the composition.  It does not mean they are polarized.  It means that they are distortion free, and minimize refraction while extending your upper, lower, and lateral viewing fields, aka a more natural viewing experience as close as possible to the naked eye while giving you the benefits of the lenses.

Zinger

• View Profile
Re: Quick Oakley M-Frame Question
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2015, 09:12:15 AM »
Ah that really helps, thank you so much for the quick response.
Alex
Ares M110 ~ KWA M1911 MKII