Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New feature added to the site - Like System  (Read 12728 times)

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
New feature added to the site - Like System
« on: July 05, 2015, 07:31:05 PM »
Well guys I went ahead and enabled a "like" system. So under posts now you can click "like" if you like a post. I didn't have a ton of time today to test things and find any bugs yet so post them in off topic in the bug reporting thread if you see them. I do know the default MIA style theme there are some bugs with the text at the top for "like stats" etc, I'm planning on plugging those here as soon as I have some time. On the "cake" digital theme things appear to render properly. So if the text instead of image label at the top bothers you switch to the cake theme for the time being and I'll get it fixed and update this thread once I get it done.

Take care!

Luke

Oh and I forgot haven't checked but I highly doubt this will function through Tapatalk only through the web view, doubt there is much I can do about that since Tapatalk is their own system.
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"

Ajax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: New feature added to the site - Like System
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 08:17:56 PM »
I am pleased by this, and have thus "liked" yonder post.
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

Caesar

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Enlightened Despot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:45:55 AM »
The gods hath instructed me to "like" this, because they have already done so.

"We came, we SAW, we conquered"

Andeth The Wise

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 02:16:12 PM »
Just kinda curious. What was the point to move to a new site?

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2015, 02:23:33 PM »
Proboards a while back decided we could no longer sell airsoft guns in the commerce section which was a huge PITA for everyone involved in the community. And since Proboards has their own terms it really wasn't a long leap in logic to assume at a later date they might not want us even discussing replicas on the site.

Years ago there was talk about moving to our own server but at the time Proboards really wasn't giving us any rules we couldn't live with and hadn't caused any major problems. But over the years they have gotten a little worse each time. Downside was they wouldn't let us copy any of our data, so we had to start fresh with the new site.

The good news is now we own the database ourselves, and going forward we're able to change things, move the data move the site etc without any issues. So if 2 years from now we decide hey Simple Machines isn't the best platform for us to use on the backend we just convert the database to a new forum software, install it and go on with our day. With Proboards you're stuck with whatever they want, and if they get pissed and say delete a forum in it's entirety we have zero recourse. When they decided people could no longer talk about weapons a while back, knives in this case. They removed several fairly large knife forums overnight without any warning.

So lots of reasons but I think despite the headaches getting everything back in order we're much further ahead running the site ourselves without someone looking over our shoulder.

Take care!

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"