Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ASG Dan Wesson Revolver discussion  (Read 8055 times)

Marauder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • 25 Years Old/ Paramedic/ Drunk
    • View Profile
ASG Dan Wesson Revolver discussion
« on: October 09, 2015, 09:50:29 PM »
Yo.

So, I'm a huge enthusiast of all things wheel-gun. I absolutely love revolvers, for more reasons than I care to type. Anyways, I recently ordered a ASG Dan Wesson 8'' Revolver. Ran me about $99 from Evike.com.  While I was sure to do plenty of research prior to hitting the dreaded "Add to cart" button, I unfortunately came to the realization that the fact that it reportedly chronos consistently at over 500 FPS, may prevent me from really getting to use it in a MiA sanctioned field.

Which really sucks.

Mind you, the site has a well worded disclaimer noting that anybody who purchases it should be aware of the high FPS, as most fields probably wouldn't allow it to be used. I couldn't help it though, I really wanted to treat myself.

Anyways, my real question here is, does anybody within MiA have any experience with this particular gun? Good or bad, positive or negative. I'm already looking into downgrading the FPS so that I can use it during games, but I've yet to really get a hold on how I'm going to pull that off without having the gun yet. (Expecting it here by Monday)

Opinions are appreciated, facts are encouraged!

- Marauder
"A truly dangerous man, need not mention that he is dangerous."

kjones734

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
    • View Profile
Re: ASG Dan Wesson Revolver discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2015, 07:11:27 AM »
I do not own the gun but I would think a weaker hammer spring will help lower fps since it will strike the valve less and less gas will excape. You could also look into some sort of gas flow restrictor, maybe have someone 3d print you a small piece you can place somewhere before the hopup to reduce the volume of gas pressing on the bb. Just some ideas.

Marauder

• 25 Years Old/ Paramedic/ Drunk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2015, 02:24:17 PM »
Yeah, I was pretty much thinking along the same lines. Trying to bleed out some energy through compression or springs before the bb fires. I'll have to take her apart when it arrives, pictures to follow. Should be a fun little project.
"A truly dangerous man, need not mention that he is dangerous."

averzwyv

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 01:24:34 PM »
I have seen low velocity shells for the wingun and dan Wesson type revolvers, they downgrade your FPS.  I think Fox Airsoft in Colorado has some, and I have seen them in person at Total Control in Indiana.