Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any techs still out there?  (Read 9421 times)

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Any techs still out there?
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:24:59 PM »
As the title says, I severely need help from someone who does not hurt themselves somehow every time they open up a gearbox (just tore a chunk out of one finger tonight).  Not sure whether to put this over in commerce or not.

I have three v3 gearboxes out of action atm, of which two I have either failed to get back working or have ruined the new wire harness sets I had for them and thus cannot go further with trying to fix them.

One is from a LCT RPK, and save for spring and SHS high torque motor is completely stock.  Had tried to put one of those Modify brand wire harness that come with deans in and whilst trying to get the semi auto setting to not do burst or having other issues, one of the metal tabs that is apart of the switch portion sheared off.  Tried to put the original wire harness in (which frustratingly had its screw to the shell missing) but cannot get the gearbox to work again.

Other is an older cobbled together gearbox which failed last sunday in game.  Discovered to my amusement the spring guide had broke.  Had it all back together but yet again another Modify wire harness tab shear off, and my heart sank.

Third gearbox I am afraid to touch atm till at least my hands recover.  I assume something in it has broken as well.

I just want to get gearboxes working again and with deans connectors for my recent switch to 7.4v lipos, possibly even have my old Real Sword SVD get deans put on it.  I may keep trying to at least get the old wiring sets back in and the gearboxes working, but I am at my wits end now and considering going for the nuclear option and just buying some gearboxes of GI or anywhere else that would convert them to deans.  Sick and tired of screwing up what should be simply work.

I live just outside of Mason so I am unfortunately far away from most fields and possible techs so I would likely have to ship stuff out if not flat out hire someone to send me new boxes made idiot proof.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2018, 10:26:41 PM by Guts and Glory »
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika

T6e9a

• Trade Count: (10)
    • View Profile
Re: Any techs still out there?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 09:38:42 AM »
I'm still around and could help out if you like.
Offering airsoft repair, upgrades, tuning and customization, check out: Tange Six Airsoft Teching Facebook
Check out what I have for sale: Tango Six MIA sale thread

Guts and Glory

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Any techs still out there?
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 11:39:20 AM »
Thanks for the offer, wasn't sure if you were still taking on projects.  I've managed so far to fix most of my issues, got a soldering tool and managed to not destroying everything using it to put deans on.  Despite all the headaches I should have done this stuff years ago.
"In our hearts we - have done good and bad... we have exchanged fire, at both military and civilian during conflict.  We have been around the world since our time in the red sand of Afghanistan.  We have been waiting for war.  Waiting, waiting.  War is all we love"

Kapitan Balalaika