Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: First Milsim @ Camp Shelby (Blacksheep) I have a question about milsims...  (Read 9794 times)

Aces_Squid

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
I am running an Elite Force M27 2015 with a support style rig, I am currently on tight funds and forced to run only the absolute bare necessities and I was wondering how many mags you guys go through in a typical milsim fire fight. I can hold 5 mags with my current set up on my plate carrier plus 1 in the gun and I have a dump pouch to hold my spent mags along with extra bbs and a speed loader - I've been told there is a plethora of times where you will be staying in one spot so I can reload mags then.

Is this enough mags for a milsim?

I would just run my M249 however it is in need of upgrades and repairs that I simply cannot get done before the event due to my currently tight budget.

Krutch

• Lost Parade Milsim
    • View Profile
Re: First Milsim @ Camp Shelby (Blacksheep) I have a question about milsims...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2015, 02:42:37 PM »
For this style of gameplay 5+1 should be fine. Gameplay is restricted to semi unless you have an lmg so you will be fine. The biggest thing I can recomend is to have a way to actively carry water. Dehydration is a very serious and common issue, and it can be worse because of the cold weather. Just have batteries, water, and ammo if you can only carry basics.

EDIT- what team are you on?

Aces_Squid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2015, 04:59:56 PM »
I am on the tan team with the ACES from Pheonix Tactical. I bought a 2.5 liter hydration bladder with a hose and the back pack has tons of room surprisingly so I will be all set on food water and carrying ammo. Plus 1 or 2 extra 11.1v lipos

Gimpalong

• Old school member
  • I make maps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »
5+1 primary magazines is plenty. You should be aware, however, that Blacksheep doesn't allow the M27 to be used as a support weapon. As far as I'm aware, the only support weapons allowed by BS are belt-fed models like the M249, M240, M60, etc. This may have changed in the last few months.

At the two BS events that I've attended, we spent a considerable amount of time holding buildings and not being particularly mobile. We had lots of time to re-load magazines, eat and rest up. My advice would be to run as light a rig as you can. If you absolutely must carry extra stuff, put it in an assault pack that you can drop when you set up in a building.