Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Baofeng not transmitting...  (Read 10719 times)

Abbot

• Trade Count: (1)
  • CO of TF: Phalanx
    • View Profile
Baofeng not transmitting...
« on: June 06, 2015, 11:19:37 AM »
So my baofeng was programmed and everything, and it worked fine the day it was programmed, but now, when I'm on the right channel, I can receive everything just fine but when I hold down the button, I don't transmit... Is it just that my radio is a lemon, is my button broken, is there something technically wrong with it? If so, what should I do?

Legionnaire

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: Baofeng not transmitting...
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 04:01:30 PM »
I was having the same problems with mine. Couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I just reset the whole thing and it worked perfectly again. There probably is a way of fixing it without the reset, but if your lazy like me, its a quick way to find out if your radio is a lemon.

VooDoo

• Trade Count: (8)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 09:43:17 PM »
Try plugging in a PTT and recheck it. There were several people having the same issue at Homeland and it ended up being the button. So see if it works with the PTT.

Troubadour

• Old school member
  • Bastard's seXO
    • View Profile
    • Troubadour's Website
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 09:14:03 PM »
Try plugging in a PTT and recheck it. There were several people having the same issue at Homeland and it ended up being the button. So see if it works with the PTT.

Can confirm, I have this issue. A external source is needed for communication.
Bastard's Airsoft XO, Event Host, and  all around terrible person.

Abbot

• CO of TF: Phalanx
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 09:35:07 PM »
I'll have to give it a go... If the handmic doesn't work, I'll reprogram it.

Priest

• I kick ass for the Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 10:46:00 AM »
Does the radio by chance make a chiming noise when you transmit? I had the same issue when I was programming our radios at Homeland. I realzed I had a setting flipped by accident.

If that's the case you'll have to wipe all the channels and correct the setting. Then you will need to reprogram every channel. It sounds like a lot of work...but it really only takes maybe 15 minutes to do by hand. I'll check my radio after work and let you know the exact setting. I can't remember it off hand, but I'll know it when I see it.
And as always.........May God go with you all!

Zzan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 03:43:52 PM »
Baofengs have an a/b function.  It could be that when you transmit it is transmitting on the second channel.  Check the little arrows next to the frequencies and see if it switches when you press the transmit button.

Beast

• Old and Wise
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2015, 01:38:53 PM »
It's a common problem with the Baofengs.  To fix it spray some WD40 in the plug-in holes. Then plug in the headset several times, as the pin that cuts off the internal mic tends to stick in when headsets are plugged in.  Work the lube in and it should start to work again.  I usually have to do it once a year on my Baofengs. 
Damage Inc.