Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stinger's Teching Guides  (Read 10853 times)

Stinger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
Stinger's Teching Guides
« on: June 01, 2015, 04:58:46 PM »
Earlier, it was requested that I make a thread in which to post tech videos from my YouTube channel and tech-related writeups.

My shimming guide; this video goes over the proper shimming process for the bevel-to-pinion method on a V2/V3 gearbox shell:

Overview of batteries in AEGs:

Rewire your AEG:

Overview of MOSFETs in AEGs:

Correcting piston angle of engagement:

Wiring Connectors:

Video about a common point of failure in V2 AEGs:

« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 06:09:27 PM by Stinger »
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Stinger

• View Profile
Re: Stinger's Teching Guides
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 06:09:34 PM »
Overview of motors in AEGs:

-Stinger

"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

ctres

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 08:13:04 PM »
Good motor overview, this covers all of the basic important info that the average user needs to know. I also think that it is worth mentioning that slower high torque motors can be compensated for by using a low ratio gearset. This can result in equivalent rate of fire but more efficient operation and less heat buildup in the motor. If a motor is the only upgrade that you plan on doing then a 16TPA Neo motor from SHS or one of the many other companies that they are sold under these days is probably one of the best all around choices, but if you are willing to upgrade the gearset to a lower ratio such as a 13:1 or 12:1 from SHS then a higher TPA such as the 22TPA JG Blue or ZCI torque are great options. I currently have a frankentorque in both of my primaries right now, one of which has a Riot 10:1 setup and the other is an shs 12:1. The 10:1 setup is incredible and when combined with a BTC spectre using precocking the trigger response is as good as just about anything out there. However, I find that the 12:1 setup actually has worse trigger response than a ZCI 22TPA on SHS 13:1s in my friend's SR25. I plan to switch to a 22TPA arm soon to make up for it. All of these comparisons were done on equivalent 11.1V lipos.

It's a shame but with the popularity of HPA guns this information will probably be irrelevant to a lot of people. Maybe people will get over it eventually or a superior system will come out but I just cannot handle external air rigs and I think drop in HPA setups provide way too easy of a way to achieve high performance that often tends to lead to superiority complexes and poor sportsmanship on the field.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 08:17:10 PM by ctres »

Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 10:28:56 PM »
Good motor overview, this covers all of the basic important info that the average user needs to know. I also think that it is worth mentioning that slower high torque motors can be compensated for by using a low ratio gearset. This can result in equivalent rate of fire but more efficient operation and less heat buildup in the motor. If a motor is the only upgrade that you plan on doing then a 16TPA Neo motor from SHS or one of the many other companies that they are sold under these days is probably one of the best all around choices, but if you are willing to upgrade the gearset to a lower ratio such as a 13:1 or 12:1 from SHS then a higher TPA such as the 22TPA JG Blue or ZCI torque are great options.
Most of that kind of stuff will be covered when I do an overview of gears. Explaining how you can compensate for low rotational velocity with lower-ratio gears just seemed a bit of a tangent for the focus of the motor video, but I did consider it in my original script.

I currently have a frankentorque in both of my primaries right now, one of which has a Riot 10:1 setup and the other is an shs 12:1. The 10:1 setup is incredible and when combined with a BTC spectre using precocking the trigger response is as good as just about anything out there. However, I find that the 12:1 setup actually has worse trigger response than a ZCI 22TPA on SHS 13:1s in my friend's SR25. I plan to switch to a 22TPA arm soon to make up for it. All of these comparisons were done on equivalent 11.1V lipos.
I just put a 10:1 Siegetek gearset into my primary. It also has a 22-TPA ZCI motor and the trigger response is quite amazing.

It's a shame but with the popularity of HPA guns this information will probably be irrelevant to a lot of people. Maybe people will get over it eventually or a superior system will come out but I just cannot handle external air rigs and I think drop in HPA setups provide way too easy of a way to achieve high performance that often tends to lead to superiority complexes and poor sportsmanship on the field.
The superiority complex has a much larger cause than the effortless high performance that HPA provides. I think that the superiority complex is an underlying issue, but people who have it are drawn towards the effortless performance setup.
With that said, I simply find that HPA offers little advantage for my current primary. I plan on making an HPA DMR in the future but for a totally different loadout that is meant for stalking. My current loadout is set up for dynamic, rapid assault and as such is slim and light. An HPA rig would just encumber the entire principle of the setup and offer little advantage over my current primary.
-Stinger

Stinger

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2016, 02:29:25 PM »
-Stinger

luke213

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Old school member
  • Lukas Adams
    • View Profile
    • Adams Holsters
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2016, 06:22:50 PM »
Looks good been planning to do that myself for a long time and haven't gotten around to it;)

A couple suggestions that I was planning but haven't tried all of them in other projects yet. On the lexan you can scribe a line with a sharp knife then break it along the line much like kydex which is sometimes easier to make your main shape from. IE if I were doing a bunch of lights I'd take the width of the lens and cut a strip off the sheet then I'd cut them into smaller squares, then I'd round the corners to the template on a belt sander. That should cut the build time way down.

On adhesive I'd considered silicone but had leaned the direction of hot glue, which might not work on flashlight lens' because of the heat generated, but should work fine on optics. And the set time is very quick which would make it easy to do quickly and it's fairly easy to remove if you make a mistake. I'd almost say high temp hot glue would likely work even on flashlight lens because the higher melting point but I haven't tried it so it would require a test.

Overall though pretty much what I had been planning to do but those couple things might be a little easier etc.

Luke
xaos - "298,000 yen for a complete gun. How much is that in real money?"