Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream HPA build - FPS problem  (Read 13398 times)

Muskey

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Dream HPA build - FPS problem
« on: June 06, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »
Well I finally got it back my MP5A5. I put a 362 mm barrel in it the only thing I am not too happy with is the seemingly low fps. I had the wolverine SMP professionally installed and with the regulator set at 120psi I am chronoing @ around  285 with a .25 gram bb. Does that seem OK or low? Wanted to use the rifle playing field but it looks like cqb unless I can figure something out.

Foxhound

• View Profile
Re: Dream HPA build - FPS problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 12:19:01 AM »
That's definitely lower than usual, I run my SMP at ~90 psi and get approximately 385fps with .25 gram bbs. Check the alignment of the nozzle in the hopup and also check your hopup bucking, from the sounds of it there's probably a poor air-seal somewhere. Also, think about joining the Wolverine Airsoft Owners page on Facebook, they're extremely helpful and there's a huge amount of knowledge on that page that can fix any problem.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 12:22:14 AM by Foxhound »

Muskey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 01:12:12 AM »
I am on the wolverine's Facebook page. I had the SMP professionally installed and from what I have heard it was a difficult build and have been trying to get feedback on if they didn't tune it properly

Muskey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 01:13:16 AM »
That's definitely lower than usual, I run my SMP at ~90 psi and get approximately 385fps with .25 gram bbs.

What is your barrel length?

Gunny87

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • SK 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »
First off, you should modify the title of this thread to indicate that you have a question/problem. "Dream HPA build" doesn't indicate that at all. I had my SMP in my Tokyo Marui MP5 for a while and I was using a stock 229mm length inner barrel. My FPS was a little low but it was more-so due to the barrel length. It had pretty good range because I had an R-hop/M-nub done to it.

Did you adjust your dwell yet?
G&P MK23 Stoner LMG (SMP'd) - G&P MK18 Mod 1 - G&P CQBR (Protech MKII) - G&P M177 - STAR FNC x2 - G&G MP5 (Protech MKII) - CA M24  - Cybergun M&P 9

Muskey

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 09:59:21 PM »
Sorry Gunny, I just renamed the posting to continue from the thread I started before the site was switched over from the pro board site. I was going to post pics of the build but since I sent it back to get looked at I didn't post them yet. Other than the super low fps I couldn't have asked for a better gun. The suppressor made the thing as quiet as a mouse fart. I just didn't like that I had to crank it up to 120psi with a 363mm barrel and it was barely reaching 350 fps with a .20 bb. I ajisted the dwell, but the readings were with dwell at max
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:21:56 PM by Muskey »