Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AAR 6/20 White Mountain  (Read 41662 times)

Ajax

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Re: AAR 6/20 White Mountain
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2015, 06:56:19 PM »
I have that mag.

Very cool thanks guys.
Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

Troubadour

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Old school member
  • Bastard's seXO
    • View Profile
    • Troubadour's Website
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2015, 07:51:09 PM »
I had a good time as usual, it was good to see a lot of new faces out and slingin plastic.

Through out the day I noticed a general good vibe. It was fun to get my role play on blow up some infidel swine with my homey Muhammad X Muhammad Gwen Stefani. The only issue I had was a player blind firing while trying to pull my back to safety in which scenario I told him to stop and he apparently didn't know the meaning of blind firing so I promptly was told to "shut the fuck up mind my own business"

Thanks again to the admins and hells survivor for the fun event and field time.

Should have came and got me. That shit is a major safety violation and can cause serious injuries. Homie don't play that shit. Seriously, next time that happens get on channel 1 and let us know.
Bastard's Airsoft XO, Event Host, and  all around terrible person.

Coldwave

• A-Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2015, 08:37:24 PM »
I'll told you as I was walking away from the situation but it was brief, next time I'll jump over to the admin net, after I confronted him I didn't see him do it for the rest of the day. Lesson learned for next time.
There is no plan B!

Ajax

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2015, 09:32:20 PM »
Some Pics, these are mostly from Bulldog 1.

Member of Task Force: Phalnax

Per Angusta Ad Augusta

Troubadour

• Old school member
  • Bastard's seXO
    • View Profile
    • Troubadour's Website
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2015, 09:34:36 PM »
I'll told you as I was walking away from the situation but it was brief, next time I'll jump over to the admin net, after I confronted him I didn't see him do it for the rest of the day. Lesson learned for next time.

Ah, yeah you're right... I remember now. Dude was up the hill towards the highlands. Tried to find him, but didn't see anyone even up there by the time I looked.

Kurt 19D

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2015, 08:41:34 AM »
My guys and I had a great time.  The morning was frustrating for Bulldog 1, we couldn't push into the north side of the village and then we could not get across that damn bridge on the north side of Area 51.  Afternoon went much better, aside from the instant ambush and complete elimination of our team.  If not for the adminstrated fall back of the AJA I don't know that we would have been able to get out of that.  Highlight of the day was getting permission to take my Bulldog 1 squad and go completely around the east side of the field.  When the intel report came in that the AJA commander was heading to the chopper, we were in the perfect position to assault.  We can't take full credit for that victory though.  Just as we were getting into position, Tex showed up with a few guys and we hit it at the same time.  Timing was perfect, but just dumb luck.  Abbot - great running with you and your guys.  Thanks Bastards!  Looking forward to what you have planned for the furture.

Conzo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2015, 03:39:58 PM »
For my first event, that was a blast! Great players all around. Enjoyed meeting you everybody. Definitely got my cardio in as the MARSOC medic haha. Thanks to the bastards for running a great event. Can't wait for the next one!

Caesar

• Enlightened Despot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2015, 06:45:29 PM »
I consider the operation a resounding success. Not meaning that my team accomplished more, but rather both sides completed objectives and had a blast while doing it. Getting into the role of the forces that we represented via immersion lends a fair percentage of the fun. I loved hearing anachronisms from friend and foe such that will not let me forget the cultural implications. Thanks for playing the part so well.

I was formally assigned to Alpha company of Bulldog 1 on MARSOC. First off, we hit the road and secured one of the bases. I hopped into the building with one of my mates and we dutifully secured the flag with the proper color. We resumed with another five minutes or so of marching before the next engagement at the village. Finding ourselves confronted with a moderate line of defense, we gave fire and pushed up a couple clicks. Noting that any further advance was impossible, we slugged it out, racking up casualties. Well, our first duty is to the guys fighting beside us (at least it's up there on the list). We had ourselves a good medic from Task Force: Phalanx and a couple others who were serving with the other companies. Deathstroke was amazing; I couldn't stress how much he helped guys from each and every squad around us. I was surprised at how much effort all our medics put in. But the rest of the guys could make it easier on the wounded too. I was inspired by the work of our medics to help extract the guys that were hit. Throughout the rest of the day I probably helped extract one or two guys per engagement. I saw everyone giving other people a hand. Thumbs up on the teamwork, guys.

This action resulted in Bulldog 1 fighting down to just a few men. The guys that were left escaped my attention as we re-spawned on the other side of the village. After regrouping, we made our way back to find that the AJA had evacuated the town. The Rangers spent their time well, clearing the place and making way for the construction battalion (well maybe the paintball people were renovating, but who's counting). Sadly, the confrontation cost the Rangers some good men that were ended violently in the midst of a suicide bomber's fury. We made our way to the marsh, finding Area 51 in our hands. The AJA were already pressing, so we were welcome. Regrouping and digging in, we decided to make this patch of marsh and the bridge Bulldog One's top priority. We realized that the main AJA fire groups were on the hill road and in woods on the other side of the water. But all we could hear was yells and machine gun fire. Between pushing back oncoming assault and trying to hail the other squads, we couldn't get a sit-rep on their advance. Finally, the Rangers came to tell us that they and the rest of MARSOC were spread out over the hill, holding back the AJA. I followed a small team sent to scout and give medic help. By then, our opponents were pushing hard. We did what we could, but had to come back. Our next move was to mobilize Bulldog 1 companies Alpha and Charlie, leaving Bravo to hold the base.

We made it up the road to a firefight between Bulldog 2 and some AJA guys. We had a hard time trying to deploy ourselves. Not only were we spread along the road in what I consider the toughest firefight of the day, but the AJA had one of their squads rush through the woods and attack the flank. Trying to get Bulldog 1 to cover from the patrol, we never really made it off the road. We got caught in the ensuing crossfire which had most of us down in an instant. With the help of the medics, we pulled together one of our companies to make a stand. Lasting for a few more minutes, we ultimately were wiped out and forced to pull back to HQ. After regrouping, elements of MARSOC and Rangers headed up the other road with three mortars. Setting up the ordnance behind West Point, we dug in up the road to defend the base. The Rangers pushed on to try and reach the downed chopper. We set up...had some good times...and waited. It wasn't long before the AJA reinforced their expedition and the Rangers pulled back. We formed our defensive line while some guys went over to check Fort Knot. Then the other team started coming in force to take West Point. A firefight continued for some time until they gathered their superior strength and charged. We were forced to fall back to the base. The enemy momentum picked up before they stormed the building, capturing the point and leaving us with half our complement. We "drew the line" at our mortar position, which apparently moved even further back. We got the news that we had ten minutes to hold before the break. We stayed and fought to the last man. Our force was pushed out briefly and we regrouped at Fort Knot. By that time, the break was announced and we headed back for lunch.

"We came, we SAW, we conquered"

Tank

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2015, 09:42:12 PM »

Second highlight for me in the afternoon was somehow being able to sink a 97 meter shot on another player with the Maruzen. After it made contact I literally didn't even care if I got shot and paced the distance, because I didn't think it would reach. Huge kudos to the dude on the end that called it.

That was me on the other end Mosin.  By the way, thanks for helping me tune my hopup by being my target on the other end.  I would have sent more rounds your way, before you shot me, but my gun switched to auto and I had to address that before proceeding.  Right when I got it switched back to semi, I thought I felt something tick off of my knee pad.  After I had you send another round, it hit right in my stomach, with about the same velocity.  So sure enough, you got me.  Congratz!

I had no issues with any hit calling all day.  Everyone fought and won, or lost, with equal great attitudes.  I had a ton of fun playing the bad guys, some of the most fun I've had at an event.

I have a suggestion for what I feel is still separating this game from what I feel was the best game I've ever been a part of, Geronimo.  The thing that was really unique about Geronimo was the separation of the game into "scenes".  The thing that really added a lot to the story, for me, was the briefing before each scene.  The briefing covered how we did in the last scene and then because of that outcome, what we had to do in the next scene.  That is what I feel is lacking in every other milsim I've attended, both Bastard events and Lion Claws / Blacksheep games.  Without that, you just don't get near as immersed into the simulation.  This is why Geronimo will forever be talked about, as the best milsim Airsoft has ever had to offer.  If that was rolled into a 24 game, nothing, that the big names in national Airsoft put together, could ever touch it.

Stinger

• Nu kyr'adyc, shi taab'echaaj'la
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2015, 09:48:39 PM »
I have a suggestion for what I feel is still separating this game from what I feel was the best game I've ever been a part of, Geronimo.  The thing that was really unique about Geronimo was the separation of the game into "scenes".  The thing that really added a lot to the story, for me, was the briefing before each scene.  The briefing covered how we did in the last scene and then because of that outcome, what we had to do in the next scene.  That is what I feel is lacking in every other milsim I've attended, both Bastard events and Lion Claws / Blacksheep games.  Without that, you just don't get near as immersed into the simulation.  This is why Geronimo will forever be talked about, as the best milsim Airsoft has ever had to offer.  If that was rolled into a 24 game, nothing, that the big names in national Airsoft put together, could ever touch it.
The problem with that is that it introduces downtime. The Realsim events have been all about eliminating downtime.
I agree it would be great in a 24-hour event, as you have a lot of time to work with.

Also: PRAYER TIME

Somebody said to avoid letting any pictures of this get on Facebook (for obvious reasons), so I've made the video unlisted. Only people with the link can view it.
Also, I didn't do any kind of editing because I felt it wasn't worth it. There are much better parts of the day that deserve editing time. Thus, I didn't even color-correct this clip, so you have to deal with the log color from the camera.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMYFtpGf_0U&feature=youtu.be
-Stinger

YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/user/CStingerGhost1
"Think of yourselves as a hand. Each of you is a finger, and without the others you're useless."

Tank

• Old school member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2015, 09:53:24 PM »
The problem with that is that it introduces downtime. The Realsim events have been all about eliminating downtime.
I agree it would be great in a 24-hour event, as you have a lot of time to work with.

Somebody said to avoid letting any pictures of this get on Facebook (for obvious reasons), so I've made the video unlisted. Only people with the link can view it.
Also, I didn't do any kind of editing because I felt it wasn't worth it. There are much better parts of the day that deserve editing time. Thus, I didn't even color-correct this clip, so you have to deal with the log color from the camera.

The down time can be limited to just 10 minutes, the orders already have to be given to the squads by the CO's, after each major objective is either won or lost.  An explanation of what just happened, and why we are doing what we are about to do would take hardly any more time, in my mind.

Troubadour

• Old school member
  • Bastard's seXO
    • View Profile
    • Troubadour's Website
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2015, 07:50:42 AM »

Second highlight for me in the afternoon was somehow being able to sink a 97 meter shot on another player with the Maruzen. After it made contact I literally didn't even care if I got shot and paced the distance, because I didn't think it would reach. Huge kudos to the dude on the end that called it.

That was me on the other end Mosin.  By the way, thanks for helping me tune my hopup by being my target on the other end.  I would have sent more rounds your way, before you shot me, but my gun switched to auto and I had to address that before proceeding.  Right when I got it switched back to semi, I thought I felt something tick off of my knee pad.  After I had you send another round, it hit right in my stomach, with about the same velocity.  So sure enough, you got me.  Congratz!

I had no issues with any hit calling all day.  Everyone fought and won, or lost, with equal great attitudes.  I had a ton of fun playing the bad guys, some of the most fun I've had at an event.

I've wanted to try that for a while, where players are basically just playing out battle scenes. I tried to do it with the ambush, but unfortunatly everything got a bit screwed up on that one. I have always wanted to do an event though where there is a heavy roleplaying factor, obviously there is downtime to get it set-up, but I just think it would be cool to run people through a bunch of diffferent scnearios. A good change of pace from persistent battles.

Caesar

• Enlightened Despot
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2015, 09:00:28 AM »

The down time can be limited to just 10 minutes, the orders already have to be given to the squads by the CO's, after each major objective is either won or lost.  An explanation of what just happened, and why we are doing what we are about to do would take hardly any more time, in my mind.

I think that hits the nail on the head. All day, all I could discern were random orders and objectives. This is a result of lacked briefing. It's not so much the storyline as it is the immediate understanding of all the players. As it is, I don't "know" my job; I just follow orders. That works well enough for the real thing, but is just not as fun in airsoft.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:17:17 AM by Caesar »

"We came, we SAW, we conquered"

X

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2015, 10:04:20 AM »
I wasn't really sure if this was even worth posting, but some fuck head paintballer shot my car. I don't really think there's anything to do about it.

Combat Junkies Airsoft

• Combat Junkies Squad leader and co-founder
    • View Profile
    • Combat Junkies Airsoft
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2015, 11:10:07 AM »
The only footage I got all day.