Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trigger locking up every 8th pull or so...  (Read 7686 times)

Gronk

• Trade Count: (0)
    • View Profile
Trigger locking up every 8th pull or so...
« on: November 08, 2015, 10:11:51 AM »
 I have a VFC HK 416 I bought about a month ago. The first real extended play I had with it was at the Mi v. Ohio game Saturday. Great piece, but started having a frustrating problem as the day went on.

I had an issue with the trigger locking up every 8 to 10 pulls after about 2 hours of play. I could get it to clear most times by cycling the safety from Semi to Safe to Auto a few times. When it locked it would not budge.

I've had two suggestions on the possible cause, either a motor going bad or motor contacts going bad. Is there a way to tell without putting a new motor in it?

Thanks for any input.....Mike

Snarf

• Trade Count: (2)
    • View Profile
Re: Trigger locking up every 8th pull or so...
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 04:23:53 PM »
Did you buy it used or new? It could just be a wire blocking the trigger or something.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gronk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 08:04:20 PM »
  Thanks for the reply. I bought it used from an unquestionable source, but I'm the third owner so something may have worn out at an inopportune time.

Ben (T6) is going to check it out for me. Hopefully it's just a wire problem...but a new motor might be in the offing.

Monk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 09:31:33 AM »
It's also possible that the trigger contact unit is worn out from the use. The moving part of the trigger contacts could be poping back and bloking the trigger from coming back.